Conflicting compass information on screen. Is it ok?

Reaction score
On a few occasions I've gotten this on screen. On one part of the screen it shows a compass problem and on another it says the compass is "normal".

Which is correct? On all the latest firmware and app.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1449547541.992235.jpg

I would take that advice just to be safe, move to a different location away from metal objects. You can also check your compass sensor reading on the Go app in the sensors tab. It should be close to Mod value of 1500

On a few occasions I've gotten this on screen. On one part of the screen it shows a compass problem and on another it says the compass is "normal".

View attachment 37401
This is caused by magnetic interference or metal near the P3. Don't fly with a compass error. Fly from a different spot or location. Don't take off concrete or near vehicles.

If it's a rare occasion I'd err on the side of caution and choose another spot to take off from, and I'd do a compass calibration in a good location as well. I wouldn't disregard a warning message.

View attachment 37401
This is an overlay message with compass error. Take care of it.

Definitely needs attention, don't disregard the error.

Which is correct?
They both are.
It's not saying there is a problem with your compass.
It's telling you that the compass has detected a problem.
The rest of the message explains it well.

Definitely don't take off with any sort of abnormal compass error report, as I once found out to my cost!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers