Concerns about buying a Vision+ V3

I think I'm gonna order a V3 too... I already got the original P2V+ but I crashed the bastard when flying drunk. Camera assembly came off and the usual, broken gimbal etc. Suppose I could wait for a possible Phantom 3 Vision coming out, but I wanna go fly NOW.

Anyone else get these mysterious cracks in the casing, as illustrated above? I thought they woulda sorted out production issues by now...

Well first flight was great. :D

UKFlyer said:
Just had the first flight with my new V3 which has the 3.12 firmware and all the latest updates, 2.1 esc's, vented wifi, gps shielding and so on. Its the latest model i hear being the PH646 model. The whole flight was absolutely flawless, it hovers dead on the spot but best of all i had the highest preview setting at 640x30fps and there was no lag or drop out at all, was only at around 11000ft though as it was just a test flight to make sure all was working properly with the new firmware. :D
My Galaxy S5 also has the latest lollipop 5.0 android firmware and latest dji app too so no problems there either.
The new scroll wheel for camera tilt works like a charm and very smooth panning is possible.
I've made this thread because there is a lot of scaremongering, negativity and worries in the forum about the V3 model and especially the latest 3.12 firmware.
I say update and go have some fun. :D

2mjssm.jpg

242sphv.png

Following up on these cracks, I checked the balance of the 8 props that came with my new Phantom - only one was in balance.

Don't assume (as I did) that a shiny new box of props means they're ready to go :)

A

burlbark said:
gingerbloke said:
Let's be clear, this is a one month old V3 with about 3 hours flying on it - those screws are DJI screws put in by DJI workers.

A new shell may well be cheap, but I'd much rather move the electronics across to something that doesn't look like it was made in a Buzz Lightyear factory :lol:

Apparition said:
New shell is reasonably cheap, buy a new one from Heliguy. Looks like the screws may have been the problem.

It appears that the plastic was made brittle by the loctite cooking off on the screws. Its a very common problem with other manufacturers.

Jeremy

Stage 2 kit from FPVLR installed. I agree about balancing the props, 3 out of the 4 of mine were out of balance too. Unbalanced props could definitely cause cracks in the underarms over time due to vibrations, not too mention the added vibrations possibly going through the esc wires or solder joints.

2z5896e.jpg

11j90zd.jpg

2dt101e.jpg

My V3 arrived yesterday, direct from DJI via DHL. Serial started with PH645 and came with 3.08 firmware. So it seems they are not all latest and greatest.
Opened the bastard up, it had the 2.1 ESC and vented wifi, ferrites and all that jazz.

Managed FPV to about 2400ft everything stock. That good enough? I'll be upping TX power and getting antennas and **** later.

Props were incredibly all in balance out of the box, had to do no sanding at all. Rock steady video.

UKFlyer, some nice looking pics of your Stage 2 setup - I'm thinking about going that route myself. Only problem I have right now is I'm afraid to let my P2V+V3 get more than a few hundred feet away! I'm getting better, though.

Has anyone ever heard of a fly-away where the pilot has a Stage 2/3/4 mod? I often wonder if many fly-aways aren't loss of signal...

That better work well, it looks well strange !

But seriously, are there any mods needed at the Phantom end?

I feel a spend coming on.....this hobby is nuts :shock:
A

UKFlyer said:
Stage 2 kit from FPVLR installed. I agree about balancing the props, 3 out of the 4 of mine were out of balance too. Unbalanced props could definitely cause cracks in the underarms over time due to vibrations, not too mention the added vibrations possibly going through the esc wires or solder joints.

gingerbloke said:
That better work well, it looks well strange !

But seriously, are there any mods needed at the Phantom end?

I feel a spend coming on.....this hobby is nuts :shock:
A

UKFlyer said:

I don't go too far out really, my average i'd say is around 2500ft. The reason i purchased the stage 2 kit was because it guarantees me a strong video and control signal which allows me to use the highest preview setting with no lag or dropouts, i had the same kit on my old vision+ last year. Some flyers have got between 5000ft and 8000ft distance with this stage 2 kit alone, if you wanted great distance with good all round control then you just upgrade the antennas on the phantom end which would make it a stage 3 kit, the stage 4 kit adds an amplifier to the tx.

Had another perfect flight today making it my fifth with the v3 now, everything has the latest firmware and it hovers on the spot. :D

Had another great flight today, after balancing the props and putting on the carbon effect skin. On a side note all four props were out of balance from new so its worth checking them. :)

52cm8k.jpg

11r3k9s.jpg

Did you fit the stage 2 kit yourself or is there a company in the uk who can do it for you. Been looking at a vision 2 plus for my son and looking at the FPVLR stage 2 kit but dont fancy fitting it my self. All so what is the 3rd antenna that is coming direct from the controller on the right hand side, is that for the range of the controller it self. I thought it was the half sphere that was used for that and the more directional one used for FPV. cheers

Oh just looked back at the pics and i can see the directional one is 5.8 so its for the controller.

Yes, fitted the stage 2 kit by myself. They are very easy to fit, the silicone on the connectors in the wifi extender what you have to remove is the hardest part of the job, just lots of patience is needed. I had the older version stage 2 kit on my old vision+ which was a bit fiddly to fit the 5.8ghz antenna as it involved removing the stock antenna and cutting a groove in the casing for the new one to fit.
The new stage 2 kit is much easier to install as the 2.4ghz half sphere and 5.8ghz are together on one base, just need to drill a hole in the tx and you leave the stock antenna in place.
On a side note if you are importing the stage 2 kit to the UK you will have to pay import vat which is around £23 all in.
Here was my old stage 2 kit, as you can see the newer version looks much better and the 2.4 and 5.8ghz antennas are better spaced out.

2nukbgz.jpg

The new stage 2 kit.

2z5896e.jpg

Just fitted a RF-V16 tracker to the gimbal protector/holder and works perfectly, its very small and precise with the location, you can even track the flight online and the trackanywhere app is very good. Hopefully i will never need it but its good to know i've a very good chance of getting it back if the unspeakable ever happens.
9tnvxw.jpg

My Phantom 3 Pro is now here so the vision+ V3 fully boxed like new up for sale with 12 flawless flights in total, 2 batteries, FPVLR Stage 2 antennas properly installed, decals, carbon effect skin, gimbal protector, 4 props perfectly balanced and the other 4 new in packet. This is the latest V3 with vented wifi,ferrite beads, extra shielding and so on. I've also applied silicone to secure the esc wires as extra security because there was some concerns in the forums about the wires on V3's could vibrate loose.
This quad wants for nothing and the new owner will be very happy i'm certain, UK only. NOW SOLD
Here are my PV2+ V3 and P3 Pro together.
211w8kn.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl