Concerned over true home position fix

Ash

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I am a little concerned that my Phantom 2 v2 isn't getting a homelock fix.

I switch on the tx then the phantom, flick the switch to get the solid yellow light, I then rotate the phanton 360 and the yellow lights become fixed green all is good I would say at this point. I nose the phantom down and do another 360 and I get a fixed green, no flashing green lights showing I have a good lock.

Now with my old Phantom 2 I used to get the yellow flashing lights as the phantom searches for satellites, then the fast flashing green and lock is done. I am just concerned as I feel my phantom isn't getting a lock. Any help please guys?
Thank you

Sounds like the compass isnt calibrating correctly, try doing an IMU full calibration then go outside and do the compass calibration,

You should get flashing green lights after putting the nose down and rotating 360 degrees, i find that sometimes i have to turn slightly more than 360 degrees before it flashes.

:D
You should see two sets of rapid flashing green indicating home lock and course lock. That means your bird has at least six satelites.
Assuming you have a Vision, your app satelite icon will turn blue with the number of locked satelites. You can also look at the bottom of the app and see if it has your distance and elevation correct. If it says N/A you don't have a home lock.
You should wait for the two sets of rapid greens before taking off. Then if you want to confirm you have a home lock by switching S2 to the middle position and pulling the elevator stick back. The bird should come towards you regardless of orientation. Note: the bird won't come all the way back to you. It will slowly circle the home location about 30' away.

Ash said:
Hi guys.

I am a little concerned that my Phantom 2 v2 isn't getting a homelock fix.

I switch on the tx then the phantom, flick the switch to get the solid yellow light, I then rotate the phanton 360 and the yellow lights become fixed green all is good I would say at this point. I nose the phantom down and do another 360 and I get a fixed green, no flashing green lights showing I have a good lock.

Now with my old Phantom 2 I used to get the yellow flashing lights as the phantom searches for satellites, then the fast flashing green and lock is done. I am just concerned as I feel my phantom isn't getting a lock. Any help please guys?
Thank you
From your first statement of the flick the switch for home lock, it sure appears you have two different operations mixed up. The switch and the 360 rotation is for calibrating the compass and has nothing to do with home lock.

dirkclod said:
Fplvert said:
:D
You should see two sets of rapid flashing green indicating home lock and course lock. That means your bird has at least six satelites.
Assuming you have a Vision, your app satelite icon will turn blue with the number of locked satelites. You can also look at the bottom of the app and see if it has your distance and elevation correct. If it says N/A you don't have a home lock.
You should wait for the two sets of rapid greens before taking off. Then if you want to confirm you have a home lock by switching S2 to the middle position and pulling the elevator stick back. The bird should come towards you regardless of orientation. Note: the bird won't come all the way back to you. It will slowly circle the home location about 30' away.
S2 Middle is Course Lock and all the way down is Home Lock then right stick back If me not mistaken .
:oops:
Yep, got to look at my labels. My bad. I have made this mistake before and it still comes back using course lock.

dirkclod said:
I need to play with CL as I have never really used it.
Me too. Pitch black out and 8 degrees F. Will this winter ever end? :cry:

Hi guys and thanks to all your replies. I honestly haven't had any time what so ever to try the IMU calibration, which i was going to do.

Yes I think I am getting confued. I am running my Phantom 2 v2 in the Phantom mode not Naza so I haven;t activated course or home lock. What i have learned is to never fly my phantom until i see the rapid green lights for use in the Phantom mode. if i can find time this evening I will give it a go. Thanks guys

Hey Ash,
You have confused me. I've always been under the impression that the rapidly blinking green lights mean that the Phantom is acquiring satellites. Once acquired, the green lights will blink slowly, and then that's the time to take off. Has always worked that way with my P2V.

Ash said:
Hi guys and thanks to all your replies. I honestly haven't had any time what so ever to try the IMU calibration, which i was going to do.

Yes I think I am getting confued. I am running my Phantom 2 v2 in the Phantom mode not Naza so I haven;t activated course or home lock. What i have learned is to never fly my phantom until i see the rapid green lights for use in the Phantom mode. if i can find time this evening I will give it a go. Thanks guys

Correct.

Only one set of rapid greens in Phantom mode, = home point/location stored.

The slow green blinks afterwards indicate the current number of satellites locked.
As long as there are no red blinks then you have at least 6 sats. acquired.

Sorry folks, I have a lot to learn. I understand now. Before I was getting rapid green lights followed by the slow flashing green, after a few seconds watching the slow green flashing lights I would fly, thats what I believe was the safe time. Now all i get is green solid lights. I can wait 3 or 4 minutes and no rapid flashing lights and following that no slower green flashing lights......just solid green. I have to go out tonight but I am going to try the IMU calibration and will report back. Thanks

The only time I know of for solid green is the halfway point through the compass calibration process.

Curious to see if any others can clarify further.

N017RW said:
The only time I know of for solid green is the halfway point through the compass calibration process.
Ditto

I always check if homepoint Is correct set, and craft can been seen on map in waypoint app, before take off. ;)
Just in case....

Hi guys. First let me thank you all for all the help. I seem to have found the problem. When I do the calibration 360 and then nose down 360 I have the solid green lights. Now what i have found is that when I do the two 360's I actually go a bit further, so i suppose you could say like 400 degrees. It works perfectly doing this. Ah well it works and I am pleased because I was thinking I may have developed a fault.

Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic