Concerned about updating firmware..

Reaction score
You know,If it isn't broken,,,don't fix it... Right now my bird is flying flawlessly.since I upgraded the GPS antenna it grabs multiple satts now with no issues in a reasonable amount of time.. Hovers nicely I cant complain... I noticed there is new wares out there, what should I do?? :?:
Maybe some seasoned veterans can suggest what they would do? I haven't let the app access the internet in quite some time...

Thank you in advance
Goat

Attachments

• phantompicapp.JPG
    phantompicapp.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 533
There aren't any issues with 3.08 firmware (that I know of) and that's what your pic shows you have. DJI did have 3.10 out for a while but they pulled it because it caused your drone to explode or something. What were you thinking of updating?

I visited the DJI website and seen the date was recent on the release notes I went through the pdf and seen the 3.10. :?

I just despise the fact that once you take an update,you cant go back. :geek: You cant pick and choose,or inject what firmware you want.

I sure don't want this thing to "explode" :lol: lol

I have not let this access the internet that's why it shows no updates ;)

Attachments

• dji.JPG
    dji.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 505
You mean you don't understand why DJI has inconsistent info on their website? The longer you are into owning their products, the more you will get used to their ridiculousness. In this case they left the release notes that reference 3.10, without releasing 3.10 (actually they pulled it back). Hence the mismatch.

BlackTracer said:
You mean you don't understand why DJI has inconsistent info on their website? The longer you are into owning their products, the more you will get used to their ridiculousness. In this case they left the release notes that reference 3.10, without releasing 3.10 (actually they pulled it back). Hence the mismatch.

Thank you for clarifying that ;)

goatman said:
I visited the DJI website and seen the date was recent on the release notes I went through the pdf and seen the 3.10. :?

I just despise the fact that once you take an update,you cant go back. :geek: You cant pick and choose,or inject what firmware you want.

You can 'downgrade' but it is not supported by DJI but rather "DroneSlinger".

You can find the down rev. Assistants here:
http://droneslinger.com/software.html

N017RW said:
goatman said:

Yeah just to elaborate a little more on what N017RW said: Once DJI upgrades an assistant that loaded a certain version of FC firmware (say PC Assistant v1.08 to v2.0), unless you keep the older version of the assistant, you cannot load the FC firmware version that you had with that older assistant. Cause DJI doesn't archive older versions of assistants on their website. However if you just go to droneslingers site you can get all the older assistant versions and move to whatever FC version you want. Also keep in mind if there were 2 or more FC versions released within one assistant version, you can only downgrade to the latest FC version for that assistant.

TY

BlackTracer said:
N017RW said:
goatman said:

Yeah just to elaborate a little more on what N017RW said: Once DJI upgrades an assistant that loaded a certain version of FC firmware (say PC Assistant v1.08 to v2.0), unless you keep the older version of the assistant, you cannot load the FC firmware version that you had with that older assistant. Cause DJI doesn't archive older versions of assistants on their website. However if you just go to droneslingers site you can get all the older assistant versions and move to whatever FC version you want. Also keep in mind if there were 2 or more FC versions released within one assistant version, you can only downgrade to the latest FC version for that assistant.

Just to elaborate even further... Any version 1.x, 2.x, 3.x assistant will install the latest firmware released in that series. It pulls it from DJI's server. So, for example any of the 3.x assistant versions off of the droneslinger website will install the same firmware. Today this would be 3.08. There is no way to go back to 3.06, for example, once you've changed firmware.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers