Concerned about Phantom 3 Advanced

Reaction score
Hello.

I plan on buying a P3 Advanced in the next week or 2, and I'm very excited. I recently read about the CSC controls that can turn off the motors mid flight, and this kinda worries me. Is this only a thing in manual mode, or can it happen whenever? I know people say it's very unlikely that you should ever need to move the sticks to those positions, but it still seems like something that could be done very easily by mistake.

Thanks.

It's unlikely, but not impossible. If you're worried, you can get a CSC Safety.

1. It's always enabled, not just manual mode
  2. Accidental CSC is very rare; when would you need to be descending, yawing right, and pitching back and left ?!! (or descending, yaw left, pitch right and back)

Or, in laymen's terms, left right down and backwards at the same time.

It's unlikely, but not impossible. If you're worried, you can get a CSC Safety.
Will definitely get one of those, thanks for sharing.

1. It's always enabled, not just manual mode
  2. Accidental CSC is very rare; when would you need to be descending, yawing right, and pitching back and left ?!! (or descending, yaw left, pitch right and back)
I agree, it does seem rare. But I just wanna have a little bit of protection as I'm kind of a noob.

I plan on buying a P3 Advanced in the next week or 2, and I'm very excited. I recently read about the CSC controls that can turn off the motors mid flight, and this kinda worries me. Is this only a thing in manual mode, or can it happen whenever? I know people say it's very unlikely that you should ever need to move the sticks to those positions, but it still seems like something that could be done very easily by mistake.
CSC is a topic that a lot of new flyers get unnecessarily concerned about but experienced flyers are not worried about because with experience you realise it just isn't something that happens in normal flight.
You have to yank the joysticks around like a crazy chimp to accidentally CSC and being aware of that you are even less likely to.

You can start the reading you'll want to do before flying with the manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Phantom_3_Advanced_User_Manual__V1.6.pdf
DJI have some tutorial videos that might also interest you: Phantom 3 Advanced - Specs, FAQ, Tutorials, Downloads and DJI GO | DJI

You have to yank the joysticks around like a crazy chimp to accidentally CSC and being aware of that you are even less likely to.
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Before I got my Phantom, I was also really scared of that happening. Once you get it though, you will realize just how stupid you have to be to put your sticks in those positions.

The Combination Stick Command or CSC has been around almost as long as there have been RC aircraft. It is there for emergency purposes where you would need to cut power immediately.

You can also shut off the motors by holding down on the left stick for 3 seconds. This is much easier to do but I think you have to be landed for this to be an option - someone confirm if you know!

Will definitely get one of those, thanks for sharing.

I agree, it does seem rare. But I just wanna have a little bit of protection as I'm kind of a noob.
Don't .. You won't need it. When I first flew I was very afraid of doing it.. I can say the fact that you know about it probably makes it even less likely that it happens to you. The one that happened occurred with a pilot that had no idea what CSC meant because... He didn't read the manual..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is much easier to do but I think you have to be landed for this to be an option - someone confirm if you know!
YOu do have to be landed for this; otherwise everyone would drop out of the sky while descending :eek:

You can also shut off the motors by holding down on the left stick for 3 seconds. This is much easier to do but I think you have to be landed for this to be an option - someone confirm if you know!
Left stick down is not a CSC. Craft has to be landed for it to work. Hope this helps.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik