Concern over v3 phantom v plus

Reaction score
Ok I recently got a vision plus and it shows 2.0 on the sticker

Should I worry about possible motor/esc failures or not

I haven't flown it yet due to the cold temps(currently 12 degrees)

Mainly want to be sure it's not going to crash on me due to the issues involved with the version 3

Thank you

Btw I love it

At them moment.. what I can gather is:

Phantom2 vision ver 3 and Phantom 2 (non vision h33d main board) ver 2 are affected.
You should ignore what the box says.

You need to open her up and look at the ESC (electronic speed control) stickers. The esc are the boards with the yellow/red/black motors attached.

Blank = worry, don't fly over water. The motor upgrade manual says NOT compatible with new motors.
2.0 = iffy, not proven, don't fly over water (need confirmation from DJI).
2.1 = fly your "socks off".

While you are there, if you have holes in your wifi module, let us know.. Don't worry, holes means a good thing.

take some pics for us all

I bought my phantom vision 2 + Version 3.0. from BH Photo about 4 weeks ago. I opened it up tonight and while I could only inspect one ESC because I didn't have a 2mm screwdriver that was stout enough, I did see that my ESC have no version # on them. Should I return it too BH? I sent them a email about it. I figured I paid for the current version, shouldn't I get that? I have had about 8 flights with no issues, no crashes etc. However I want to fly over water etc so the last thing I want is a flyaway or crash in the drink.

I meant the sticker on the bird itself (I don't have the box as I got it used)

I will open it up soon to check if it's 2.1 on the esc's though to be safe(last thing I want is it to fall from 400 feet -_- due to a dead motor)

I have a p2v(non plus) also that I plan on getting new motors for and am going to avoid getting the new dji motors till the issue is fixed as it has been trouble free since I got it

If it helps it doesn't have the rechargible controller but it has the plastic cover over the compass(looks better then the compass being out in the open)

While I am at it I will try and get some pics to upload

I have seen the pics of the wifi module so I know what to look for on that hopefully mine has the vent holes(it's only a few months old)

Ok just by looking at it through the battery bay I can tell it's not a version 3 as the gps sheilding in that one pic is not there

Also from what I can see the cables look different from the ones in the pics

Still going to open her up to check the wifi module for the heat vent holes(hopefully it does)

Should I still be concerned about the possible issue with the esc's and motors that the version 3 has

Ps my p2v(non plus doesn't have the gps sheilding and I haven't had any gps issues so I guess the v+ should be the same

I do plan if I do upgrade the motors going aftermarket so I don't have to worry

While you are there said:
My V3 WiFi module has holes in it, assuming that the silver metal piece in the middle is the WiFi module.

What does this indicate and/or why is this supposed to be good?

Pmcdn said:
While you are there said:
My V3 WiFi module has holes in it, assuming that the silver metal piece in the middle is the WiFi module.

What does this indicate and/or why is this supposed to be good?

If I am not mistaken the holes help with HEAT which isn't good(my p2v's camera has a fan in it for a reason and that is cooling)
Less heat means it will run better and more stable(my p2v+ should have the holes but have to check to be sure)

I'm in the same boat here. What is everyone's thoughts about opening the case? I'm tempted to open it to see if it's affected, however worry that dji will announce they are going to fix things, but I won't be eligible since my warranty is void. My understanding is that opening the bird voids the warranty. Just bought the DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ about a month ago and not happy at all about this apparent flaw. It's a shame too because so far have only got to fly it once.

is this correct that opening up your phantom voids your warranty? and if this is the case, how could they tell if you have opened it up? Before anyone states they can see you have cut the stickers on the front you can always replace those!

How can opening the case void the warranty? On my P2, DJI recommends mounting the anti-interference board directly to the main board and even shows pictures of it. That would mean that everyone that installs a h3-d3 on first setup would be voiding their warranty.

In the RMA process I'm going through, they ask to remove all non-DJI parts and transmitters before sending it in for warranty work.

I would not think twice about opening it up to check anything you need.

Reoscorpio said:
How can opening the case void the warranty? On my P2, DJI recommends mounting the anti-interference board directly to the main board and even shows pictures of it. That would mean that everyone that installs a h3-d3 on first setup would be voiding their warranty.

In the RMA process I'm going through, they ask to remove all non-DJI parts and transmitters before sending it in for warranty work.

I would not think twice about opening it up to check anything you need.
+1

Got it open to find the esc sticker with no version number -_- I hope that's a good thing(I get no extra beeps at start up)

Also forgot to mention that it has the older version motors

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav