Concern about Rotorpixel

Reaction score
I have never posted but I want to warn people before they make my mistake. I will change this post if I get a response, but CONSIDER THIS BEFORE BUYING FROM THEM! I Purchased a Rotorpixel gimbal on March 18 2014, my credit card was charged $409. I received one response from Keri regarding the status on April 17, I was told to wait at least another 3-5 weeks. I have not heard anything since. I have not received product. To make it worse, Vision crashed into deep river and is gone so I no longer need gimbal. Have had NO response regarding refund. It was order 1402072867

(Update, I did finally get the refund, thank you, please see post below. Basically, not strong on communication but was ultimately fair with me. Thanks)

Sorry to hear of your losing your Vision.

You can get a response with a cancellation from Rotorpixel website...keep at it til he responds
Keri doesn't respond well, just give him time...he's not a very good business man...hell of a gimbal maker.

I'm a Rotorpixel owner and it is an excellent Gimbal.

Tell us more on how your craft went down ?

Did it fail on its own ?
User error of any kind ?

Your Gimbal is already paid for and Visions are cheaper now...Maybe reconsider ?

You're blind without your Vision. Sorry,.... couldn't resist.
Let us know more.

The Rookie

My son was flying it over a local body of water. On descent at about 30 feet it began to shudder then fell down into the water, it's about 30 feet deep with strong current, very gone. All firmware updated including descent rate limit. Battery at 50 percent, warm clear day with 5 to 10 mph winds. Not sure what happened. Huge bummer. I was already beginning to get nervous/mad about rotorpixel gimbal not shipping, now it's just insult to injury! We have another quad, a phantom 2 with h3-2d and go pro so we aren't in the dark. Thanks

Sorry to hear that. Do you think it was battery related... Did it lose power at the same time you say it shuddered?

I assume you have already put in a cancellation request at the rotorpixel website.
I'm sure Keri will take care of it... It just may take a few days to get thru to him.
Since you haven't recieved it, it should be no problem

Good luck with future flying endeavors.

The Rookie

No power loss, in fact the first clue something was wrong was the video image jitteriness. It was only about 200feet from us and when we looked up it was shaking and falling but all lights were in and props were spinning.

Thanks, maybe it was as simple as that... Lesson for everyone bring your ride down slowly!

hiflyer said:
I have never posted but I want to warn people before they make my mistake. I will change this post if I get a response, but CONSIDER THIS BEFORE BUYING FROM THEM! I Purchased a Rotorpixel gimbal on March 18 2014, my credit card was charged $409. I received one response from Keri regarding the status on April 17, I was told to wait at least another 3-5 weeks. I have not heard anything since. I have not received product. To make it worse, Vision crashed into deep river and is gone so I no longer need gimbal. Have had NO response regarding refund. It was order 1402072867

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
So Big Problem and NON-Responsible from RotorPixel !!

Mine was informed by email to send out 22 April. order #1402072482
And HAVE.NOT received it so far.... today 10 July. Believe it or not
The only answer is " Wait until one day you will receive it"
Without responsible !!! Hope you have a good business ????..
After wait for long order, STILL you have your own risk after shipment
PLEASE MAKE A DECISION BEFORE YOU BUY..... DIFFICULT to deal and WITHOUT solving problem for customer to receive gimble..

I just received a refund from Keri at Rotorpixel, he's definitely not great on communication but he is fair and honest from my interaction

hiflyer said:
I just received a refund from Keri at Rotorpixel, he's definitely not great on communication but he is fair and honest from my interaction
Pull_Up said:
Do you want to change the first post to reflect this, as you said you would, then? :)

Exactly...Perhaps change the Topic to "Rotorpixel poor customer service response".

sunnyside said:
hiflyer said:

PLEASE MAKE A DECISION BEFORE YOU BUY..... DIFFICULT to deal and WITHOUT solving problem for customer to receive gimble..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everytime I saw any topic about "Rotorpixel", Feeling so sad and never like to fly P2V anymore.
Remember I am the early bird to pre-order this product., I have never think the easiest thing to be the difficult to solve this problem.
...Not received the shipment as inform period 2-6 weeks. Now 11 weeks..
On my process without responsible from Rotorpixel, I have to file my case through my
Credit card.

RCRookie said:
hiflyer said:
Pull_Up said:
Do you want to change the first post to reflect this, as you said you would, then? :)

Exactly...Perhaps change the Topic to "Rotorpixel poor customer service response".

This is a good comment.

I posted this back in May:

Which will occur first?

A. Updated App with waypoints and upgraded video support.

B. A flyway with no return.

C. Delivery of Rotorpixel gimbal.

D. A crash

sunnyside said:
sunnyside said:
hiflyer said:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everytime I saw any topic about "Rotorpixel", Feeling so sad and never like to fly P2V anymore.
Remember I am the early bird to pre-order this product., I have never think the easiest thing to be the difficult to solve this problem.
...Not received the shipment as inform period 2-6 weeks. Now 11 weeks..
On my process without responsible from Rotorpixel, I have to file my case through my
Credit card.

I wrote to Rotorpixel in order to claim lost the package to Canada Post and return my money more or less since the shipment was 22 April. SO FAR 12 weeks (3 Months). Still no answer. Maybe I am only one who has the problem with their shipment. Is thst fair you got my money in your pocket and where is my thing that I paid for ??

But if you didn't pay for a tracked service then most carriers will insist on an investigation and a (long) minimum elapsed time before they will admit the package lost. Even then, if it wasn't a tracked and insured service you are effectively asking the supplier to refund you for something they didn't do wrong because you went for a cheap uninsured postal option.

If you did pay for a tracked and insured service then the carrier should be able to acknowledge the loss much sooner. If this is the case then you have a case for a refund and let Rotorpixel chase for the insurance claim from the carrier. If you did pay for an insured service then I'd email RP saying unless you hear from them about this in 7 days you will put a claim in with your credit card company and get the refund that way.

Regarding your lost Phantom, I don't know if you able to retrieve it because something similar happened to me. I was hovering over a body of water when it lost all power and fell like a rock.

I contacted my vendor and DJI and after about 3 months of back and forth they replaced my entire quad. I received a new battery to try and solve the battery issues that some pre-order quads were experiencing when it plummeted.

Just saying, you could ask DJI customer service if there's anything that can be done. I was fortunate.

Thanks itsmecarl123 I will try that. Clearly what happened wasn't pilot error unless on descent the rotor wash made it unstable. It had the 2m/s limit active though which is a pretty slow descent in my experience.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20