Con Board Ribbon Cable

Reaction score
While installing the DBS mod I think I damaged the large ribbon cable inside of my Phantom 3 professional controller. I've tried to find it with no luck. A couple of places told me that it would have to be sent back to DJI for repair. Really don't want to do that does anyone know of a source to get the large ribbon cable that's inside of the Phantom 3 professional controller?

are you sure its damaged? pics?
Are you sure you put it all the way in and locked down the tab? It was a major PITA to put it back in(thats what she said) I used a straw from mcdonalds as a tool, rather then something metal.

Hi, I just received 20 ribbon cables with 32 pins. I needed one for the same reason as you. Could sell you one and send it. Let me know.

If they work, where did you get them ? I need to order a bunch

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am still looking for the largest ribbon cable inside a Phantom 3 Professional controller. Anybody know where to get one??

Thanks

While installing the DBS mod I think I damaged the large ribbon cable inside of my Phantom 3 professional controller. I've tried to find it with no luck. A couple of places told me that it would have to be sent back to DJI for repair. Really don't want to do that does anyone know of a source to get the large ribbon cable that's inside of the Phantom 3 professional controller?

Just out of curiosity, how did you damage it ? I ask because I recently put the clean install kit on one of my controllers, and I had a time getting that cable back in. I had to mess with it a good bit to get it in. I am worried I might have damaged it. I don't have my antenna yet to connect to it so I don't know for sure. Was there visible damage to yours ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I don't have my controller open right now or I would try and take a picture of it. When I get the new cable in and open it up again to replace I will take a pic. Basically what I think happened is I bent the cable and it looks like it cracked. I made sort of a goose neck in the cable where it feeds through that hole in the back of the controller. I bent it because if you did the install you know that where it feeds through that hole it is real it is hard to get it back into the connector that has that little bar that flips up and down because it is so close to the edge. When I bent it it looks like it cracked. It is hard to see without a magnifying glass. This may not even be my problem, but when I power up the controller it just beeps continuously and the led flashes red.

I don't have my controller open right now or I would try and take a picture of it. When I get the new cable in and open it up again to replace I will take a pic. Basically what I think happened is I bent the cable and it looks like it cracked. I made sort of a goose neck in the cable where it feeds through that hole in the back of the controller. I bent it because if you did the install you know that where it feeds through that hole it is real it is hard to get it back into the connector that has that little bar that flips up and down because it is so close to the edge. When I bent it it looks like it cracked. It is hard to see without a magnifying glass. This may not even be my problem, but when I power up the controller it just beeps continuously and the led flashes red.
I know exactly what your talking about I had to bend mine as well in order to get the correct angle to slide it in. I don't think mine cracked though. I hope not

I know exactly what your talking about I had to bend mine as well in order to get the correct angle to slide it in. I don't think mine cracked though. I hope not
Good news is I found another remote on Craigslist for $125.00. A guy who had crashed his P3P was selling it and I picked it up. Heck of a deal cause it is mint. So I am still flying. I have the DBS02 installed, just need to replace that cable when it comes in and see if that is my problem. It's killing me though, I'm really anxious to see what my range is with this extender. I hear great things. Once it's fixed I'll have one controller for long range and one for short ;)

Good news is I found another remote on Craigslist for $125.00. A guy who had crashed his P3P was selling it and I picked it up. Heck of a deal cause it is mint. So I am still flying. I have the DBS02 installed, just need to replace that cable when it comes in and see if that is my problem. It's killing me though, I'm really anxious to see what my range is with this extender. I hear great things. Once it's fixed I'll have one controller for long range and one for short ;)
That's what I did as well. I got an extra controller of eBay for 115$. That's the one I did the clean install on, just I case I messed it up I would still have my original RC.
I ordered the Evolite kit plus from Maxxuav after I did the clean install. Actually the plan was to do this in stages so it wouldn't cost so much money, find a cheap remote, wait a couple months, order clean install kit, wait a couple months order Evolite kit. However it went like this, found cheap remote, next day ordered clean install kit, the night I installed it I got online and ordered the Evolite. Lol I just couldn't wait.
Now I am waiting for it to come in so I can see if I need to order a ribbon cable!

That's what I did as well. I got an extra controller of eBay for 115$. That's the one I did the clean install on, just I case I messed it up I would still have my original RC.
I ordered the Evolite kit plus from Maxxuav after I did the clean install. Actually the plan was to do this in stages so it wouldn't cost so much money, find a cheap remote, wait a couple months, order clean install kit, wait a couple months order Evolite kit. However it went like this, found cheap remote, next day ordered clean install kit, the night I installed it I got online and ordered the Evolite. Lol I just couldn't wait.
Now I am waiting for it to come in so I can see if I need to order a ribbon cable!

See post #9 in this thread, there is a link to buy the ribbon cable third party with a part number. It's the only place I have been able to find it besides buying a busted remote and pulling the cable out of it, however, it's on back order. I was lucky enough to have another member on here send me one that he had laying around, but it hasn't come in yet.

Hi, I just received 20 ribbon cables with 32 pins. I needed one for the same reason as you. Could sell you one and send it. Let me know.
Have you actually used this type of ribbon Cable in the controller? It looks a little different than the stock one just curious. Don't want to fry my controller

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey man I saw your post about ribbon cable for remote I would like to purchase a couple

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl