Compress!

Reaction score
Hi all......can anyone tell me what software to use to compress a clip and not loose quality to upload to Fb or YouTube? Thanks!

Adobe Media Encoder is what I use. It have different profiles for different purposes, like devices or social media.
A free alternative is Freemake Video Converter

Reactions: Archie Dornbrack
mp4 is already compressed H264 encoding. Like matsarg mentions using different options in post can reduce file size. But always at a cost, reduced resolution, bitrate, frame rate. Smaller files for the same lenght video will lose quality, thats the nature of the beast. H265 encoding can compress way more but it is still new and not than many machines have the option yet.

Sadly, you will notice a strong degradation of your content when you upload it YouTube or FB because YouTube uses their own very aggressive compressing algorithm

Good article: https://www.videomaker.com/article/c12/17034-encoding-youtube-videos-at-the-highest-quality
I notice a tad of compression from uploaded video to Youtube. But I would not say it is terrible. My 4K stuff looks pretty darn good on a good internet connection. I use Premier Pro to edit with. I use Adobe Media Encoder to create Proxies so editing is super fast to cut. But I render out in h.264 in 4K

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie