Complete UAV noob here, wondering about the sse transmitting lanyard.

Reaction score
Hi everyone, greetings from the Dominican Republic.

I'm getting ready to order a Phantom 4,preferably a bundle with extra batteries and carrying cases and such.

In many bundle offers from Amazon, I keep seeing an "SSE transmitting lanyard". I'm very curious as to what this does, other than playing it safe to avoid dropping your controller/transmitter.

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel XL using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: dirkclod
It's just a strap that goes around your neck to hold the remote controller -- like this one:

$_1.JPG

Reactions: portonalga
In many bundle offers from Amazon, I keep seeing an "SSE transmitting lanyard". I'm very curious as to what this does, other than playing it safe to avoid dropping your controller/transmitter.

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

As you wrote.. its to avoid dropping the Radio Controller (RC). Most lanyards that come in the bundles are pretty flimsy. Some people like to use a tray instead of a lanyard.

You can get sturdier ones in any camera supply store.
It's not just dropping the controller, it supports it while you use your hand to press buttons on the app. So you can still work one stick without having to hold the controller in same hand. Taking pictures, and adjusting camera gimble would be a pain without it.

Welcome to the forum portonalga .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

I purchased a P3A bundle from amazon earlier this year. It came with the lanyard. I took it off and I don't use it, but thats just my personal preference. I mainly just fly, Im not a big picture taker so its no trouble for me to hold the RC and operate the sticks.

Happy Flying!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thank you guys. Apparently the seller made a typo when adding the information. It should have read '"SSE" transmitter lanyard' instead of 'SSE transmitting lanyard', the way it was worded gave me the idea that the lanyard 'transmitted' something.

Sent from my Pixel XL using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik