Complete Power Failure V2+

Dirty Bird said:
Just an honest opinion. You should fly your Phantom. You might jump in your car tomorrow, blow a tire on the freeway, roll and die. If its going to happen, it will happen. With all due respect to the gimbal guard maker, in a hard crash, it won't save your gimbal. Odds are your Phantom is going to be just fine. Just make sure you understand the aircraft, follow all the pre-flight steps. and enjoy. Go easy at first....be precise NOT fast. If you want an extra level of security, have someone use a video recorder to record your flight in case something goes wrong. The Phantom was made to fly. Right now your's is just an expensive display piece.

Thanks and I do get what you're saying. I probably will take it out for a first flight this weekend (weather permitting) and to a nearby school yard. However and in the short term, I don't see myself getting any good video footage or spectacular views. I'll probably keep it within 50 feet of me and no higher than 20 feet.

Until these glitches are figured out and possibly after there is better support, a supply of spare parts (that don't cost a fortune) and better confidence in the product itself; I'm going to be extremely cautious and be forced to keep this bird on a short leash.

Geert said:
pyrophantom said:
Is it just me or does this latest rash of failures, flyaways and sudden power loss seem to have occured after the last firmware update ?? Beginning to wonder if there is an inherant conflict somewhere between the firmware update and the hardware ?

Another story about power failure from PV.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16860#p154243

Hard to tell if it is related to the last firmware update. When the early PV flyers were on version 1.05 or 1.08, these things also happened.

Geert.

Fair enough - of course we only see the problems on here which given the number out there is extremely small, there are many without any incidents (yet) me being one of them thankfully.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj