Complete Newbie with FC40 problems

Reaction score
Hopefully some of the experienced members here can help me.

I recently purchased a Phantom FC40. I'm trying to do my first flight but I'm not getting anywhere. I tried calling DJI and their phone system just hangs up on me. Their Facebook page is littered with support complaints.

I believe I've gone through all of the start up properly but nothing happens. I turn on the transmitter and plug in the battery. Both s1 and s2 are in the up position.

I get the tones and then pulsing lights on copter. I wait a couple of minutes and then finally the led on the back of the copter starts to slow pulse green. I push the sticks on the transmitter and nothing. It just sits there.

I've noticed that when I try to move the sticks the LED looks like to does a double green pulse.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

If the rotors are not turning then the quad is basically not on. You have to push the sticks both in the same direction at the same time. Think of a X, I push them both to the lower left. The rotors start spinning, I wait a few secs then give it left stick up to get altitude & go from there.
I'm sure either someone will chime in with a video or you can find one on youtube. :D

By any chance is there a blinking led coming from inside of the very top right side of the battery compartment? you may need to rebind your transmitter if you updated the firmware and also make sure in the naza assistant that the receiver type is set for "D bus" For some reason after updated the firmware it needs to be set back to D bus

To bind the transmitter you need to press the tiny button just inside the top of the battery compartment on the right just inside the opening. Press that button for about 6 seconds then turn the transmitter off and back on and it should bind the transmitter.

Then you should be all set and it Should start when you pull both sticks down and to the center.

Thanks for all of the replies.

I didn't get any manuals with my FC40. After downloading more of the manuals including the one for the regular phantom I was finally able to get going. Again thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik