Complete instructions

Reaction score
New to DJI P2, not so new to Go Pro 3+ black, real old hat to photography.

After reading a lot between glasses and monitor, love the glasses but it seems like a monitor is a cost effective way to go. Looking at the Black Pearl, what else is needed? Does it come as a kit with TX & RX, plug and prey? Do you have to buy the AVL 58-tx and then buy a receiver?

Everyone give such great advise, but it's in bit and pieces using model numbers that make you have to look in 5 different directions. I have been a professional photographer for over 30 years. I teach photography, I teach photoshop. I do understand trying to explain the same thing 15 times, but I have yet found a simple understanding of going to a FPV system.

If there is a post or a like explaining it in detail so I can make an informed choice of what to purchase, that would be great.

When I get this down, I to will pass on good advice to the new person on the block.

Thank you in advance.

Sullivanstudios said:
New to DJI P2, not so new to Go Pro 3+ black, real old hat to photography.

After reading a lot between glasses and monitor, love the glasses but it seems like a monitor is a cost effective way to go. Looking at the Black Pearl, what else is needed? Does it come as a kit with TX & RX, plug and prey? Do you have to buy the AVL 58-tx and then buy a receiver?

Everyone give such great advise, but it's in bit and pieces using model numbers that make you have to look in 5 different directions. I have been a professional photographer for over 30 years. I teach photography, I teach photoshop. I do understand trying to explain the same thing 15 times, but I have yet found a simple understanding of going to a FPV system.

If there is a post or a like explaining it in detail so I can make an informed choice of what to purchase, that would be great.

When I get this down, I to will pass on good advice to the new person on the block.

Thank you in advance.

Black pearl monitor has a receiver built in so you won't need to buy one.

AVL-58 is the transmitter and sits on the aircraft.

hope this helps

Bmews

Like BMEWS said, if you get goggles or an FPV monitor it will most likely have a built-in receiver (or two!) so you just need to purchase a video transmitter.

What kind? Welllllll, that's up to debate. There are basically two camps: FatShark/ImmersionRC and everyone else (Boscam, Flysight, etc.). For a detailed overview of 5.8GHz equipment, you pretty much can't beat this video.

About half the people here use ImmersionRC transmitters and the rest use Boscam. Personally I use Boscam (specifically, I have the TS-353 transmitter and the RX-LCD5802 monitor). Is it better? Who really knows! It's just what I decided-on and it works well for me. ;)

So to sum-up, on the phantom you're going to need:
  • -GoPro
    -Gimbal or GoPro mount
    -5.8GHz transmitter

On the ground you're going to need:
  • -FPV monitor or goggles
    -5.8 GHz receiver (again will most likely be built-in to your monitor or goggles)

You're also going to need a set of antennas. Do not use the stock whip ones that come with the equipment. That's where things get really complicated, but a good set of antennas and proper placement is EXTREMELY important, more important even than the choice of transmitter/receiver/monitor.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20