Complete FPV kit

They went cheap on the monitor. (probably. They don't provide model number and I don't recognize it.) But still charging quite a lot for the kit.

In general, I'm not a fan of monitor+receiver+lipo setups. It's just a lot of extra crap to plug in and mess with. I would rather pay more for a diversity monitor that has internal battery, like the popular Black Pearl. But if you're a constant tinkerer and plant to test different parts of the kit, you might want it like that.

I just bought a complete fatshark attitude system from the below company. I got the goggles, special antennas, a seperate receiver to send the video to a 7" monitor and all the stuff needed. I didn't buy extra battery chargers or batterys that I allready got. If you would like to see my list and how much it cost, no problem just hollar. I love to take passengers for flights and have them wear the goggles.

http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/home.php/

by the way, I called and talked to Thomas and he helped me with my purchase from begining to end. After I got the FPV system I got iOSD mini and it is all hooked up. I can record telemetry and see all that good stuff while I am looking at either my goggles or my monitor. Having Battery life, how many sats, distance and other telemetry info is also very nice. I can use my gopro and the fpv or the little camera that came with the fatshark system. After I made the order at about 10:00am I took the usps expidited shipping since it was only a couple bucks more and guess what, I got my stuff the very next day... They rock

any questions?

There was a little wiring job needed with a little soldering, no problem. I would suggest getting set up with a new quality ($40.00 or so) adjustable soldering gun, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AS ... UTF8&psc=1
although a $10.00 40watt will do fine, and pick up some heat shrink tubes.

Here is a link to my fpv purchase experience

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20464

Here is a link to the only issue I had with installing the iosd mini.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20780

witold said:
They went cheap on the monitor. (probably. They don't provide model number and I don't recognize it.) But still charging quite a lot for the kit.

In general, I'm not a fan of monitor+receiver+lipo setups. It's just a lot of extra crap to plug in and mess with. I would rather pay more for a diversity monitor that has internal battery, like the popular Black Pearl. But if you're a constant tinkerer and plant to test different parts of the kit, you might want it like that.

Also that 7" monitor is probably $120.00 less then the Black Pearl. I do want a black pearl and I plan on getting one in the future, if I don't go with a much bigger screen and the associated diversity receiver to feed it. I have seen where some guys have a suitcase where the top is a screen maybe 20" or bigger and that does sound very nice.

Wedeliver said:
Also that 7" monitor is probably $120.00 less then the Black Pearl. I do want a black pearl and I plan on getting one in the future, if I don't go with a much bigger screen and the associated diversity receiver to feed it. I have seen where some guys have a suitcase where the top is a screen maybe 20" or bigger and that does sound very nice.

Yup, for $600 I was expecting them to thrown in Black Pearl, not this random screen for which they don't even provide any specs. Weak.

From the research I did, the Galaxy Tab S has the best screen. Super AMOLED screen is supposed to be the easiest of all the screens out there to read outside in the Sun. Down the line, it pairs well with Lightbridge...

actually the monitor pictured looks like the one i bought. it comes with a sun shield and i like how clear and bright the screen is. i can probably post a screen pic later today if anyone wants to see.

Thanks for the responses guys. Ive decided to go a different route. Im certain if someone wanted to piece that kit together they could do that cheaper and probably with better stuff.

what i like is the relationship i have with my salesman. since i really am still learning the language rc and quads etc i like it when i have a knowledgeable person that i can call and get answers to questions.

when you say you are going a different way, watcha mean? did you find something neat? I gotta say that watching my flight with either goggles or monitor with osd made me feel like this is where i am supposed to bé. i really love it. i expect to try out fixed wing at some point in the future and i try and buy stuff that works for that also.

Immerson 600mw transmitter
DJI iosd mini
IBcrazy antennas
Feelworld 7" monitor w/build in reciever (not listed on the website yet)

A relative of mine knows Damon at floridauav.com so thats who I went to. Very nice and knowledgable guy!

toddrod said:
Immerson 600mw transmitter
DJI iosd mini
IBcrazy antennas
Feelworld 7" monitor w/build in reciever (not listed on the website yet)

A relative of mine knows Damon at floridauav.com so thats who I went to. Very nice and knowledgable guy!

So you got to talk to someone rather then using email to communicate. I think that is a much better way to go. I like what I see above. Have you thought about a dvr that way if you lose your quad you can play back the video that shows the osd info and where you where when you crashed. At least thats one good reason in my opinion. I think I paid about $30.00 I also got that 600mw immerson (fatshark) tx. Started out with the 250mw and moved up to the 600mw. Actually I looked and my monitor is 8" and cost $90.00 no blue screen and gives a very nice picture. I put my monitor on a tripod since it is so big. I think I might want a smaller screen to put on my transmitter. Part of my thinking with fpv is to have the ability to take passengers on flights. I let them wear my goggles and it seems to be a hit. Almost like a got a 2 passenger airplane. I really have no problem in getting backup equipment as I think I will probably move to fixed wing and larger heavy lifting helicopters in the future. My dream is to have my cannon 70d in a gimbal taking pics from above.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20