Complete and utter brain freeze

ianwood said:

:lol:

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Did almost the same thing. Was hot-dogging by flying straight at myself at swooping low over my head. Worked great the first time. Second time I did not see the tree behind me until I swooped overhead. Fortunately I'm a newbie with my training wheels still on. The prop guards took the brunt of the "landing". Just one broken prop guard.

- LIONDOG

Nicely done, good Sir! You nailed it!! Huh?? Whut?? Oh. I see. You are not supposed to hit stuff...Well now. That's a whole different thing altogether....

Seriously, though. We feel your pain....

Which brings me to a question, why the hell are the 2 anti-vibration mount plates and anti-drop screws so expensive lol!! it's like a 3rd of the cost of the complete gimbal kit!!

Anyway not paying that price for those screws, small zip ties are the new anti-drop screws.

LIONDOG said:
Did almost the same thing. Was hot-dogging by flying straight at myself at swooping low over my head. Worked great the first time. Second time I did not see the tree behind me until I swooped overhead. Fortunately I'm a newbie with my training wheels still on. The prop guards took the brunt of the "landing". Just one broken prop guard.

- LIONDOG

The tree took out the gimbal mounts and anti-drop screws, the fall to the ground took out an arm on the frame, battery was also ejected. All props survived but now have leaf green stripes, and everything else checks out OK. Bit nervous about using the battery again as it had a good jolt.

At least it all fell out of the tree on it's own instead of being stuck 5 meters up.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie