Competition? Husban X4 pro?

Interesting.

I HOPE they do very well.
Competition always helps to force a lax company *cough*DJI*cough* to up their game - and support

dragonash said:
Interesting.

I HOPE they do very well.
Competition always helps to force a lax company *cough*DJI*cough* to up their game - and support

I own five Hubsan X4 quads and they make a really nice product at that level. I can't wait to see what they've done with their "Phantom Killer."

-slinger

I'm excited to see one of these too. Competition will be good for us. I agree with the previous poster. I have two X4s and they are an amazing little quad for the money.

Well hubsan is showing to be exactly desame as dji.
They have zero support, and the release date should have been march, then april, and yeah may is almost over.

The ability to recover is amazing though. Seems like a quad i want.

To state the obvious, this is an unreleased product and all materials and footage dates back to at least January. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2066943

Since then Husban has said nothing and done nothing with regard to information about the X4 Pro. Their tech support works [lacks] exactly the same way. If you're looking for a Phantom killer with great support from a great company, well, keep looking because Husban is not the knight in shining armor you may be wishing they were. This is a completely untested platform with for all we know, a completely proprietary, non-extensible FPV system. That's great if you don't mind staring at a 3" screen, but bad if you want to use a tablet, glasses, or anything else that's actually useable in the field. Point is, you don't know, I don't know and they probably don't even know how this thing will pan out. Selling your Phantom V+ for this? Really?

More choice/competition is great. So far DJI have had a dream run being the only RTF in this class and having no real competition. They've come up with a great product but I'm looking forward to more from other makers and DJI. The future of multicopters is looking good.
Two models that have caught my eye are:
http://onlyflyingmachines.com/product/o ... escription
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... nDRjYWxA7w

Familiar story of teaser videos and drawn out release dates but both look very interesting. The Align might be just the thing to lift a better quality camera for serious photography - or maybe DJI come up with something for that soon themselves?

I agree, competition is great and I wouldn't fanboy either camp, but I wish people would save the [insert random quad here] killer comparisons for a situation where there's actually 2 products to compare.

Edit: Yeah, the ALIGN M480 looks very impressive.

So this was meant to be released in January, then February, then March.......
It looks cool but at 499 being the base model, then gimbal, then gopro, then antenna upgrades then....... get my point??? The exact same customer support because they are all made in the same part of china. They wont have a patch on dji experience which is kinda scary. If it works I'll buy one but dji killer???

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
It looks cool but at 499 being the base model, then gimbal, then gopro, then antenna upgrades then....... get my point??? The exact same customer support because they are all made in the same part of china. They wont have a patch on dji experience which is kinda scary. If it works I'll buy one but dji killer???

Dji experience... Yeah. I'm really grooving on the DJI experience...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

gunslinger said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:

Exactly my point. hubsan seems like exactly desame as DJI. zero support. Ask for warrenty repair, sure you can send it after your 5th mail, and they will tell you how much you need to pay. BUT IT WAS UNDER WARRENTY...yeah right prove it- is what DJI says.
So, it's about buying the best and rugged quad with the most abilities. And i'm sorry, but the extremely fragile gimbal of the + has warned me alot and i don't feel like buying it now.

varmint said:
To state the obvious, this is an unreleased product and all materials and footage dates back to at least January. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2066943

Since then Husban has said nothing and done nothing with regard to information about the X4 Pro. Their tech support works [lacks] exactly the same way. If you're looking for a Phantom killer with great support from a great company, well, keep looking because Husban is not the knight in shining armor you may be wishing they were. This is a completely untested platform with for all we know, a completely proprietary, non-extensible FPV system. That's great if you don't mind staring at a 3" screen, but bad if you want to use a tablet, glasses, or anything else that's actually useable in the field. Point is, you don't know, I don't know and they probably don't even know how this thing will pan out. Selling your Phantom V+ for this? Really?
Its advertised as fatshark goggles compatible. http://www.banggood.com/Hubsan-H109S-X4 ... _id=914223

gunslinger said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:

I see how bad they are if you buy direct from them and see a lot of people having problems with their support but I have to say dealing with my local dealer here in ireland has been pretty pleasant. He organised 2 RMA's for me straight away and he was even able to ring the workshop manager in DJI germany both times while I was there. Both instances took a 3 week turn around with DJI shipping directly back to me all without charge. I know this is highly unusual compared to most peoples horror stories but I have to say they've looked after me. So credit where credit is due.

borgqueenx said:
gunslinger said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:

Exactly my point. hubsan seems like exactly desame as DJI. zero support. Ask for warrenty repair, sure you can send it after your 5th mail, and they will tell you how much you need to pay. BUT IT WAS UNDER WARRENTY...yeah right prove it- is what DJI says.
So, it's about buying the best and rugged quad with the most abilities. And i'm sorry, but the extremely fragile gimbal of the + has warned me alot and i don't feel like buying it now.

Yeah. I was tempted by the P2V+ but I'm glad I waited for the posts to roll in. And I agree. Hubsan support will probably be no better than DJI support. Someone out here recently said that it was a "cultural thing." He may be on to something... :roll:

-slinger

I've been hovering around trying to decide what to buy for months now. And after reading what I have I think I will just go with the Phantom 2 and have a gimbal added with a go pro.
Now I am so close to being by a dealer in Clackamas Oregon that I might just contact them about buying one from them unless a heck of a deal comes up on a used one I guess.
But I have enjoyed the heck our of my research here. Thanks to all.

I've been hovering around trying to decide what to buy for months now. And after reading what I have I think I will just go with the Phantom 2 and have a gimbal added with a go pro. Now I am so close to being by a dealer in Clackamas Oregon that I might just contact them about buying one from them unless a heck of a deal comes up on a used one I guess. But I have enjoyed the heck our of my research here. Thanks to all.

A P2 with a 3D gimbal can achieve good results, but if you have a look at the H3-3D topics, you'll see that those gimbals aren't without issues (or inexpensive) either. It's ALL fragile equipment, which is the price you pay for shaving weight. If you don't care about FPV, and/or already have a GoPro, then a P2+H3+3D Gimbal may be a good choice.

If you DO want FPV, or do NOT already have a GoPro, it's NOT a good choice. If you load up a P2 will all the equipment for FPV, you'll end up paying more and be much heavier than a P2V+. Expect flight times in the 15 minute range rather than 20-25. Again, it all depends on your priorities and budget, but dollar for dollar, you get more with a P2V+ for FPV if you want something that does everything pretty well.

If "all the P2V+ issues" are scaring you off of the P2V+, please keep in mind that the majority of people with no issues aren't going to go out of their way to post how it was a bright sunny day and everything worked perfectly. The people with issues post, the people without issues are the silent majority. It sucks to be in the minority, but it IS a minority. Point being, you run the risk of failure no matter what platform you choose.

Meta4 said:
More choice/competition is great. So far DJI have had a dream run being the only RTF in this class and having no real competition. They've come up with a great product but I'm looking forward to more from other makers and DJI. The future of multicopters is looking good.
Two models that have caught my eye are:
http://onlyflyingmachines.com/product/o ... escription
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... nDRjYWxA7w

Familiar story of teaser videos and drawn out release dates but both look very interesting. The Align might be just the thing to lift a better quality camera for serious photography - or maybe DJI come up with something for that soon themselves?
after watching those video's all i keep thinking is "quadcopters/mulitrotors are the future"! that second video's drove flew like a plane. and i absolutely loved the way the landing gear came up.
as far as competition, dealing with dji and seeing how they work it seems that they'd rather rely on other big sellers (bulk sales) like the naza systems. they're selling them by the boat load to be put in rc helis, etc. those are the big rc helis that cost a lot. naza is a "God send" to those guys. I know, i use to be one. I just don't think that they care about the phantom sales too much. probably cause theres not much more to add to it. zoom, object awareness, putting channel 7 back, waypoints, better antennas all that stuff they can't release one drone model at a time. so they're gonna milk this cow for as long as they can/ drag it out, then jump off the phantom series horse. I could be totally wrong, but the way they carry themselves as far as customer service, updates, etc. it doesn't seem like they care to much. it's like phantom is a side project that they'll get to at the end of each day if there's time. companies that treat their products that way are doing exactly what i said. ride it out as it fades out. it's a shame cause the simplicity of unboxing and flying the phantom was easier/better than any other rc I've owned. they could make a fortune just off of that if they treated the phantom the way it should be treated. just like apple treated the iPhone. release a new iPhone, something's wrong, they whole company is ready to fix it. so it gets fixed within days. those are the products that last. I hope they get their stuff together cause idk how to install a gimbal, camera, none of that good stuff. I had to solder last summer a few times and it was a mess. i got the job done but it wasn't pretty lol smh

Wonder if they have unexplained flyaway's ............ and awful firmware release's

DJI needs a serious competitor that is for sure........ The if you don't like what we give you can go somewhere else attitude (wait a minute there was no where else to go before at this price point) will have to be the first thing to go or they will be out of business IF this is going to be a true competitor against them and offers better for less.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1