"Compatible" battery re-call - power failures

Reaction score
Hello. Sorry if it's a dupe, couldn't find anything using a Google site search, but please get rid of it mods if it is.

Saw this on "another place". Looks like the £40 saving over the DJI originals could have cost you a lot more... :shock:

Dear Customer,
RECALL NOTICE: SKU131404 Due to Power Failure

Your recent purchase has been recalled.
The following product you have recently brought - 11.1V 5400mAH Battery For DJI Phantom 2 Vision , DJI Phantom with H3-3D , DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Quadcopter has been identified as faulty batch and has the potential to spontaneously loose power and cause a crash.

We will offer you a FULL REFUND of the purchase price you paid for the battery. We are also asking everyone who brought one to not use the battery in their Quadcopter as it is not only dangerous to your RC but a falling DJI Phantom also has the potential to injure others or damage property.

If you would like a replacement battery we have available a new batch that is safe to use, it is available “here” and is not affected by the power failure issue.

Regards

Jacky
Banggood

This is for the orange-coloured ones ("Ttonger"). Original post linked below.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2151582

That's for real? There really is a Jacky Banggood? I don't know who had the chutzpah to buy one of these things in the first place. Talk about taking huge risks for minor savings... :shock: :shock: :shock:

-slinger

iDrone said:
gunslinger said:
That's for real? There really is a Jacky Banggood?
-slinger
Yes. She's Moneypenny's second cousin currently stationed in HK.

iDrone :eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr Bond, Dr. Jacky Banggood is one of our most promising young scientists at Q branch. He has developed something called a lithium polymer battery which also doubles as an improvised explosive device. He's integrated the Phantom Vision with the battery into the Aston Martin but the rotorpixel machine gun mount won't be available for another six months.

Here is a list of his research team:

Honey Rider
Holly Goodhead
***** Galore
Plenty O'toole
Mary Goodnight
Chew Mee
Dr. Molly Warmflash

Thanks for this, very useful info. I have contacted the ebay seller I purchased from 'wholesale366' to check if he knows anything about this batch, probably won't. But I will thoroughly inspect the battery when it arrives & probably return it regardless.. Can't risk it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik