compatiable tablet

you side load it by downloading the app in api format from another source (not play store) and use an installer app from play store.

Well!!, How do you "side load the app"? I have never heard of that or api format, where would you go other than (play store)? , and where do you get a installer app?this is all new to me, even though I do have basic computer knowledge. What would the other source be? This is why I am reluctant to purchase the Phantom vision plus, or any of them for that matter. Thank you for any help you may give, I do appreciate it.

I'm using a digital 2 7" tab I purchased at biglots for aroung $40. Did have a difficult time install the app, had to transfer file from pc to tab using usb cable. Designed a mount using autocad (honeycomb interior for reduced weight) and have 3d printed it. Works great and the larger screen is easier on older eyes.

Just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite for just this use. Cannot load DJI-Vision says not supported by this device. Tried to use the link on the page to download if this message is seen and although it says it was downloaded, it isn't showing. I tried to unprotect downloads still doesn't work. I know there are different versions of android.
Is this my problem? Afraid a bought a Tablet that won't work. If you have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 lite and it downloaded the DJI-Vision app can you let me know how you did it, and if you didn't have an issue what is your model number on your Tab 3 lite.

Thanks,

I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite 7” device SM-T110 ver 4.2.2.
After reading the forums I was starting to come to the conclusion I had purchased a useless device.
According to most, this version should not run the app, but it is up and running fine. This is my experience on how to I got mine to work. I went Settings and make sure your Blocking Mode is to the left or off.
Go to your App screen and select : Chrome (NOT GOOGLE , NOT PLAY STORE) Type in the search line DJI-Vision for android and select go.

The DJI-Vision App is listed. Very important tap on the camera icon, do not tap on the quick link “View on Google Play” After tapping on the Camera Icon a pop up screen should appear that says “Complete Actions Using” Select: Chrome Then Select: Just Once
Now the DJI-Vision App should appear with one difference the Install button is now green (don’t select)
Instead go down half the page and tap on the http://m.dji.net/djivision link.
The next screen that shows up says this type of file can harm your device do you want to keep DJI_VISION_1.0.52.apk anyway. I purchased the device for this reason so I selected OK
The screen redirects and says file downloading. I waited for it to complete the download. The file has downloaded, but now has to be activated.
Go to App Screen: Settings/Security/ Check the Box Unknown Sources (this allows apps not from the play store to load)
Exit
Go to the App screen: Select My Files/Download You should now see the DJI-Vision.apk double tap to activate it and it should load the app. The app should now appear in the app screen and mine works perfectly. I don’t claim this will work on every device, but this is what I found to get the app working on my Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite. I'm sure there is an easier way, I just wanted to share what worked for me. Let me know if you are successful.

picked up an Acer Iconia B1 tablet (7" screen) and successfully installed and operated the app as per above instructions - thx! However I am not impressed with the fact that the camera view only occupies about 75% of the screen and unless the video feed setting is set to 15fps the image freezes regu;arily, lags, stutters and pixelates :-(
Am going to return the tablet and look for some other way to view a portable screen size bigger than the iPhone 5s's!

I use the Asus memo 7 or me173x and it works flawless.
There use to be issue's but since the latest update from asus it works fine.

Freaking SWEEET thats good news cause I'm waiting on my p3 to arrive and my tablet is an asus memo 7 I had a feeling it would work being the app installed and every thing that can be done with out the phantom hooked up all seems to work. But was sort of not sure if it would work with the usb. or not. Good to know that it should work.

Here is my main controler with holder for Nexus 7 with sun shield and external antennas.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    728.3 KB · Views: 401
Does the galaxy Note 1 work ok ?

I have been offered one at a good price
I have a new Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 (4th Generation) that appears to work just fine, at least on the ground. I need to find a way to mount it to the TX. It is running the Fire OS 4.5.3

This is the reply back I received from DJI sales I asked them if the Samsung Galaxy Tab4 7" Android4.4 KitKat OS 4.4.2 would work. Soooooo, I guess it won't work.I wonder how many sales they have lost do to there replies back to customers, as I am told this version Samsung Galaxy Tab4 7" Android4.4 KitKat OS 4.4.2 would work with the app.

Dear Sir,

For DJI VISION APP:

Mobile Device Support

•iOS recommended: iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPod touch 4, iPod touch 5 (available but not recommended: iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini)
• Android recommended: Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, Note 2, Note 3 or phones of similar configuration

Thanks

Best regards,
DJI Sales Dept.

WOW!!! it seems
It works great on my Galaxy S5

Reactions: PaganLinuxGeek
I just bought an Acer Icona A1 Tab 8 at Costco for 149.00.
I am cleaning up the bloatware and installing my apps.
I haven't used it with the Phantom yet but so far so good. Everything is loading and it looks good.

it works great. I can see!
I bought some extra phone holders on ebay that are just like the phone holder from DJI, except with a suction cup mount. They have the same ball though.
I took one apart and made a tablet holder out of 2 stock arms. It works great. I'll throw up a picture if anyone is interested.

To force install go to DJI and download the DJI app. Do a local install and it will load from your download directory.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic