Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

compatiable tablet

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by TomWolves, Aug 4, 2014.

1. TomWolves

I read the specs on the PV+ and it says Android recommended Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, Note 2,and Note 3.
    I am curious if the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Lite , Android Jelly bean OS, version 4.2.2 will work, or Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 with Android 4.4 kit Kat OS, version 4.4.2 will work with the FPV app? Thank you to all for the help and advise you may give. I am trying to gather what I need before I buy the tablet. Again thank you!
    TW

2. Koz

Koz

I have the Google Nexus 7 with the latest Kit Kat and everything works great. I use the tablet mount from the Satechi ST-TP01 and attach it to the ball/arm that came with my controller and made a cardboard hood that locks in over the tablet and the extensions on the tablet bracket. With this setup and the brightness cranked to maximum on the tablet I can see the screen even in bright sunlight.

3. wilsonpf

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 with Android 4.4 kit Kat OS, version 4.4.2 works very well. That's what I'm using.

4. TomWolves

Great!! That helps a lot!! Thank you!, My next question was going to be "what tablet mount would work best?" I appreciate your help! I think I found a good mount, I am still researching it MR Droneworx, he sells these mounts on EBay, they look simple and effective.

5. locoworks

i used some 3D printed thingy that clips over the aerial base and onto the metal handle of the tranny, nice piece of kit and honey combed internally to save weight, ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5AEnZieyTA ) if you have the range extender on the tranny you need to mod the bracket to fit round it, easy job with a small hacksaw. then i used a brodit holder for the tablet. i just had to knock up a bracket ( ally angle ) to mount the brodit mount to the 3D printed thingy. nice setup but quite heavy using a 7 inch samsung galaxy tab 3!! it was much lighter using my S4 in the stock clip.

6. vortigern

Tablet holder for car in Amazon brings up lots. It is then just searching which one will screw on to the controller swivel arm.

7. TomWolves

This is the reply back I received from DJI sales I asked them if the Samsung Galaxy Tab4 7" Android4.4 KitKat OS 4.4.2 would work. Soooooo, I guess it won't work.I wonder how many sales they have lost do to there replies back to customers, as I am told this version Samsung Galaxy Tab4 7" Android4.4 KitKat OS 4.4.2 would work with the app.

Dear Sir,

For DJI VISION APP:

Mobile Device Support

•iOS recommended: iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPod touch 4, iPod touch 5 (available but not recommended: iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini)
    • Android recommended: Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, Note 2, Note 3 or phones of similar configuration

Thanks

Best regards,
    DJI Sales Dept.

WOW!!! it seems

8. sbjr0203

I got mine from UAV Direct, use with iPad Mini

http://www.uavdirect.com

9. ToThePoint

I use the Asus memo 7 or me173x and it works flawless.
    There use to be issue's but since the latest update from asus it works fine.

J.James likes this.
  10. ailwen

Attached Files:

11. M.Tigelaar

Ipad mini :cool:

Attached Files:

12. CocoPops

Where did you get your Tx decals? They look great!

13. Jstic

I'm using Galaxy Note 8.0. Only problem I had was installing the DJI Vision app.. On Google play it wouldn't let me install saying device not compatible. I downloaded it anyway and force installed it and it works fine.

14. Wally

15. Phantom Flicks

Re: compatiable tablet...$50.00 fix

Here's what I did for $50.00. I didn't always want to use my cell phone because of calls and whatever, so I purchased a 7 inch Digital2 mini tablet for about 50 dollars at Best Buy. It has Android 4.4.2 and a Wi-Fi connection, which is fine for the app. I don't use it for Ground Station, because of Maps. I just wanted a bigger screen than my Samsung S4, so it works great. I looked around and tried to configure some sort of adapter to hold the larger screen and finally just found a small piece of plastic, heated it up on one end, bent it and put a small piece of Velcro on it and the tablet. That and a couple rubber bands, done deal. It's not the prettiest but works for me, when all I needed, was to extend the upper end of the original clip. I didn't have to drill holes, buy parts or disfigure the original clamp. Good Luck!

Attached Files:

16. robinb

Does the galaxy Note 1 work ok ?

I have been offered one at a good price

17. M.Tigelaar

That's right :mrgreen:

18. CocoPops

Lovely.

Ordered a personalised set.

Thanks!

19. corbou2000

hi i see your bracket and how you made it fit to your tablet. but can you tell me how to force install the new DJI vision app to your tablet? i got a samsung tablet 10 inches and got that incompatible error message too. i know i should fly the phantom and worry about camera after. But i would like to have everything setup before my first flight.
    Thanks

20. TomWolves

How do you "force install" the DJI app on a tablet if it doesn't install or you get a incomatiable error message,On a tablet?,