Compass ?

DLC

Reaction score
Went out for first flight and followed checklist and it took 2 true to calibrate compass then green ready to go, "suspense" used autotake off, then started making squares and noticed it wandering so quickly lowered it from 15 feet and recalibrated compass, took off and a few minutes same thing, so I walked down the driveway 100' and recalibrated compass and took off, started practicing and says magnetic interference again. We are way out in country on a dead end road with a 800' driveway, no power lines but it could be iron deposits I guess but something that puzzles me if I had it pointed north it was fine and as I spun it around slow when it got to South yellow lights but as I spun it around to north green? Never moved just turned it 180 and I repeated this 5-6 times, I enjoyed getting practice but I only went up about 30' max, any ideas8

Phantom 3 Standard?
I had 2 standards, both did it - I could induce in at will by pointing the nose to the opposite direction I started the calibration at.

Fixed by replacing the compass - was £10 and about 1 hour to do. After that, calibrated once, flew many times, no more compass errors.

It is the standard, it's new and I think it did do it when pointing the opposite of direction it was calibrated, it did say it need a upgrade would that help? How big are upgrades? Would it use a lot of phone data or go to work and use Wi-Fi?

You'll want to use wifi unless you have a decent 4G and data plan.
In my case, firmware didn't help, it was faulty hardware. I have seen quite a few reports similar.
If you send the flight logs to DJI they may offer a RMA. They did to me and others. I preferred to fix myself, didn't want to wait 3 weeks. It's an easy fix, but does require opening the shell. It's part 71, if you go that route.

I am going to try again another day, I was pretty nervous, the green flashing lights went to yellow flashing, that is compass correct? I need to do more reading in manual

Reactions: nogo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen