Compass Will Not Calibrate

Reaction score
Ok guys here goes,

I had a flyaway back in September. My Phantom 1.1.1 and my GoPro Hero 3 spent 2 months in a corn field until a farmer found it and called me .

The firmware is the latest 4.02 . I downloaded the parameters and imported them . I tried the magnet trick without any luck . I tried another compass. I bought a new GPS module and installed it plus a new wire from GPS to Compass. I have been going nuts trying to get this thing to calibrate. Whenever I do the horizontal calibration I get the sold green light. Then after completing the vertical calibration all I get is fast red flashing lights. I have tried about everything I can think of. I have done advanced calibration several times. I recalibrated the sticks . No matter what I do, I cannot get the compass to calibrate. I'm using Naza Assistant 2.20

I'm about ready to send this thing to it's grave .. PLEASE HELP . Thanks in advance ..

I gave the compass a couple of whacks with a screw driver and now I think I'm getting better results in assistant .

Do these values look normal ?

It looks marginal.

If I recall the Compass 'Mod' value should be between 1400 - 1800.

Too close for me to call.

Thank you.. I'll test fly tomorrow and see what happens.. After having a flyaway I'm paranoid about putting it in the air again ..

Flyaway56 said:
Ok guys here goes,

I had a flyaway back in September. My Phantom 1.1.1 and my GoPro Hero 3 spent 2 months in a corn field until a farmer found it and called me .

The firmware is the latest 4.02 . I downloaded the parameters and imported them . I tried the magnet trick without any luck . I tried another compass. I bought a new GPS module and installed it plus a new wire from GPS to Compass. I have been going nuts trying to get this thing to calibrate. Whenever I do the horizontal calibration I get the sold green light. Then after completing the vertical calibration all I get is fast red flashing lights. I have tried about everything I can think of. I have done advanced calibration several times. I recalibrated the sticks . No matter what I do, I cannot get the compass to calibrate. I'm using Naza Assistant 2.20

I'm about ready to send this thing to it's grave .. PLEASE HELP . Thanks in advance ..
flashing red lights is ok. It's the flashing orange/yellow lights that indicate compass calibration failed.

The red lights are more for drone gps status rather than compass. Hope this helps and let the bird loose!

Does everything work?

Thanks for the info ..
Yep! Everything appears to be working ok except the pilot .. LOL .. I'm still shaking from the flyaway .. I did buy another Phantom 1.1.1 and have been flying it without issues .. I'm just afraid of this one since it flew away on me . I was more concerned about it hitting a house or a car or a person than I was about losing it . Thank God it landed in a corn field and didn't hit anyone ..

Flyaway56 said:
Thanks for the info ..
Yep! Everything appears to be working ok except the pilot .. LOL .. I'm still shaking from the flyaway .. I did buy another Phantom 1.1.1 and have been flying it without issues .. I'm just afraid of this one since it flew away on me . I was more concerned about it hitting a house or a car or a person than I was about losing it . Thank God it landed in a corn field and didn't hit anyone ..
Just get a tagg gps tracker man. It's like $50 and $8/mo. Worth it.

You would have been able to find your bird right away

Flyaway56 said:
Thanks for the info ..

Man this such the RIGHT attitude and should govern every flight.

What if...?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj