COMPASS STUCK

Reaction score
Had this message / error yesterday for the 1st time, restarted it and was fine straight away and was also fine for the rest of the day, which was another 4-5 flights, except one more error I had in a different location later on which was something like compass error.. However I think this was something underground which caused this as as soon as I picked the phantom up still all switched on etc the error went away and was safe to fly again instantly..

So anything for me to worry about?

Sometimes the Compass Stuck message can briefly flash up on the screen when it's cold. I've had this happen once with my P3P.
I've read a few others have also experienced it in cold weather too.
As long as it's not a reoccurring message I reckon it should be fine.
Also I do notice that my P3S suffers much more from Compass Error messages than my P3P, even flying in the same location.
I'm not sure if it's buggy software with the Standard or if it's more sensitive to errors.
Yesterday I took the Standard out for a short flight in one of my usual locations and had Compass Error messages straight away, I know this location gives no such message with my Professional. I powered everything down and restarted, there was no reoccurrence of Compass Error and then everything was fine. Weird?

Reactions: Dazzauk
Thanks for the input buddy. Helpful.

It was cold yesterday , yeah very weird.

Darren

yeah, I had a weird occurrence of this last weekend. Like everyone else who won't upgrade to newer firmware I got the usual upgrade warning. Never an issue until I went to start up my P3A. After the usual startup noise the camera drops as if it's not connected and does not relay an image to the RC. Nothing I can do to fix this. I was ready to send it back and figured I'd do a firmware upgrade to see if that helped. Sure enough it did. I only updated the P3 and battery and camera NOT the RC. The camera issue went away and now I get the Compass stuck error. Powering down and up cures the issue.

Long story short, DJI's software sucks and their QC is non-existent.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Hi, I was getting "Compass stuck" and general Compass errors every now and then. Since recalibrating, the issue has not resurfaced.

Rob

Yeah, did that and no help. Will try again at some point. At the root of everything is their **** software. I did nothing for months in terms of their upgrades and one day the camera goes limp. I knew it was a software issue and was confirmed by the problem clearing up after a firmware upgrade. Can't help but think the QC of this company is suspect to put it mildly.

did some more flying today (about 4 different sessions) and no issues at all. Well, just one. Tilted gimbal. I'll look elsewhere for answers on that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20