Compass Stuck

Reaction score
Every time before flight I keep getting a "Compass stuck restart drone" message on my p3. It says if it persists to get service. Is this a serious problem or a firmware issue?

Every time before flight I keep getting a "Compass stuck restart drone" message on my p3. It says if it persists to get service. Is this a serious problem or a firmware issue?
Odd I just started getting this error as well however......

I have not flown my drone for well over 2 months. Yesterday I took it out and while using Litchi app, I could not get the engines to start using the controller sticks. Then I tried the auto-takeoff. No error but nothing happened. No engine start.

I then started DjiGo app and when I tried to start the engines with the controller sticks I got the same error as you did. Engines would not start. I then tried the Autotakeoff and same error. Drone just sat there completely silent. Retried auto takeoff several more times each time noting the stuck error. Then.... the engine started... Flew around a bit, shut it down and no problem restarting it either with sticks or autotakeoff. Brought it home, removed the props and restarted the engines multiple times and never saw the error again.

You say you get this error each time before you fly. Do your engine start when you get this error? How do you eventually get around this or do you? Once the error goes away and you fly, will the error come back after you land, shutdown the engine and try to restart?

I made the assumption my error was due to the fact it sat for 2-3 months. Maybe not the case??

Depending in where you store your drone other objects around it may have effects on the compass like metal or magnetic stuffs. The compass will degauss itself slowly on a clear field and regain its bearings but a calibration dance will ensure its working properly.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie