Compass stuck

Reaction score
I got a phantom 3 standard for Christmas, and since the day I got it, it has been having this glitch where the phantom says Compass stuck, restart aircraft or something like that. I just move it, and it seems to fly fine after that. I don't know what to do, because I'm just now realizing how serious this is. Should I return? Please help. Also I launch near power lines and a house if that's the issue. I do not want to end up crashing on people or having a flyaway.

Last edited:
It flies fine, but it just says this when I launch and if I wait for the message to go away it launches.
UPDATE:LOL I have been calibrating the drone wrong for a entire month! I have been calibrating with the camera facing down instead of sideways!

Last edited:
It flies fine, but it just says this when I launch and if I wait for the message to go away it launches.
UPDATE:LOL I have been calibrating the drone wrong for a entire month! I have been calibrating with the camera facing down instead of sideways!
You're supposed to do it with the camera pointing forwards then with the camera pointing down, not sideways. That's about all I know though. I've had mine for about a month and took it out earlier and got the compass stuck error and restarted it and it went away.. kinda freaky since it's relatively new and only had about 12 flights on it

You need to recalibrate the compass in a open area away from power lines, buildings and metal. Once calibrated just leave it alone. There is no need to recalibrate at new locations. The bird will let you know if you need to recalibrate for whatever reason.

You need to recalibrate the compass in a open area away from power lines, buildings and metal. Once calibrated just leave it alone. There is no need to recalibrate at new locations. The bird will let you know if you need to recalibrate for whatever reason.
Yeah, I don't own a P3S anymore though. This is quite a old post. I now own a p4p.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl