Compass question

Reaction score
Hi forum,

Quick question regarding compass calibration. Is it normal for the phantom to request a calibration before every flight as I get an orange question mark and a warning to calibrate 90% of the time. Some times it won't take off without doing it?

Hi forum,

Quick question regarding compass calibration. Is it normal for the phantom to request a calibration before every flight as I get an orange question mark and a warning to calibrate 90% of the time. Some times it won't take off without doing it?
I get the compass calibration white button option most of the time, especially if I change location or home point. I usually ignore it if I am within 50 miles or so from where I flew the last time and close the status screen after I look at all the other readings. I only recalibrate if I get a compass error, usually caused by metal interference.
Some other chaps will chime in here.:) Cheers

Is it normal for the phantom to request a calibration before every flight as I get an orange question mark and a warning to calibrate 90% of the time. Some times it won't take off without doing it?
No .. it's not normal. That's suggesting that where you are taking off from has an elevated magnetic field.
Try using a different launch spot in the open well away from pipes, reinforced concrete and steel structures.

No .. it's not normal. That's suggesting that where you are taking off from has an elevated magnetic field.
Try using a different launch spot in the open well away from pipes, reinforced concrete and steel structures.
Thanks for confirming. I went to a very open field again today and it said that exact same thing. Even after I recalibrated it still said that I should calibrate again! It didn't come up with a compass error though. Maybe just a bug

Thanks for confirming. I went to a very open field again today and it said that exact same thing. Even after I recalibrated it still said that I should calibrate again! It didn't come up with a compass error though. Maybe just a bug

Can you quote or screen capture the warning?? It could be something else like an IMU calibration.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1