COMPASS PROBLEM! (I think)

Reaction score
Hi all, my phantom took a hard landing recently and now the compass wont initialize properly in the NOSE DOWN position.

Any suggestions?

Mine took a dive after I lost a nut and prop, now it wont go on GPS mode, no green light and can't go on calibration mode neither. Help!!!! I was doing so good until I lost the nut around 100 feet.

After impatiently waiting for a reply I decided to gut out my phantom, and I think my GPS is broken. The GPS module has no protection and is directly screwed on the top housing cover. My phantom did a belly up crash so all the impact was on the dome part of the cover where the GPS is located. I think it would be wise to protect that area with some foam, that would have saved my GPS. Now just eed to know how to get new GPS.

Attachments

• outside.gif
    outside.gif
    172.7 KB · Views: 1,832
  • gps.gif
    gps.gif
    113.8 KB · Views: 1,849
  • inside damage.gif
    inside damage.gif
    179.3 KB · Views: 1,843
are you sure its broken?? same goes for compass, after a hard landing/crash check all connections inside the phantom to see none have come loose or popped out also hook up to assistant software to see if its recognising that a compass/gps is present!!

i think is broken because it won't go on gps mode and doesn't go on calibration mode. I have checked all connection and tried numerous times to go on gps mode and calibration but all I get is flashing yellow led. I hope I'm wrong because that's the most expensive part. How can I check if it is?

guys you need to download the assistant software and drivers from the dji site,go to products-phantom-downloads and you'll get all the software and manuals, install assistant software, plug in phantom to USB port then instal driver, open asistant software then check to see if its registering a compass/gps is connected if not check all connections inside!!

Looks like a good place to mount a Moon Gel Pad is right on top.

And yes, everyone should get their Phantom connected to the Assistant software. If anyone is on Windows 8 and having trouble getting the drivers installed, let me know. DJI sent me a link to the Win8 certified drivers.

Yes with the software it will tell you status of compass, gyroscope and GPS. As suspected both compass and gyroscope spits out info and GPS coordinates remains on zero. I stepped out of the house to be sure to get clear satellite view and still same result. Can I assume it's broken? BTW thanks gcop for link!

Attachments

• Phantom software.GIF
    Phantom software.GIF
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,687
  • compass.GIF
    compass.GIF
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,778
Having same problem. Had hard crash and it will not calibrate. Connect to Naza software and it says to connect to controler???????

diver95 said:
Having same problem. Had hard crash and it will not calibrate. Connect to Naza software and it says to connect to controler???????

Turn on your transmitter, with throttle at zero of course.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers