compass on dji phantom

Reaction score
ok first i dont need a bunch of check the manual crap because ive checked into all of it and still cant fix this problem.
my compass wont calibrate i get a constant red flashing led and if i can manage to get that to change to a red and yellow alternating led i can get my controller to connect to start the calibration. and then it goes back to fast blinking led.
please help ive been at this for a week now

it is a new problem but not a new drone, its just your standard phantom with the h3 2d upgrade board that ive been flying for about a year now

i have crashed it before but it was still working fine and that was a few months ago
yes i have checked the connections
and it wont allow me to do the rotations like i can rotate it but just continues to flash
thank you for the help

Have you done a full IMU calibration and made sure the numbers are within accepted range? If way out of whack on numbers, might indicate you will have to degauss the compass to get a compass calibration to actually work in the field.

ill go check the numbers again cause i cant remember them off the top of my head and see if that is the issue thanks

When its done take a screen shot and post here. Colin Quinn had a very good degaussing video, but DJI removed all of his videos...go figure.

Beginning to sound like a duff compass. Though it could be the control mode switch connection or the switch itself - switch is the cheaper option to try first.

Mech it appears in range, but on the low side. I will hook mine up tonight to compare. Try to see if it will take a feild compass calibration now. Before buying a new compass I would at least try degaussing it with a magnet to see if the numbers can be brought up to 1600 or there about.

ok new problem the controller or rather the drone wont connect with the controller the Phantom 2.4 G RF V3 isnt allowing me to connect the controller

So if you turn on Phantom (controller off) and flip it over and push the bind button and then turn on your remote, it won't bind with it?

How to bind your controller to your Phantom 2 and…: http://youtu.be/jYic0Z6fZ8w

That's not cool. When you hook up the remote to RC Assistant does it connect and appear functioning properly? Since your there click calibrate. And follow instructions. Make sure to move sticks, toggles and x1 through full ranges.

Then close that software.

Then hook phantom to Phantom Assistant and go to RC tab. Does the remote movements work there? If not, that might suggest receiver inside phantom is dead or not plugged in.

im going to go get my more advanced controller im not sure this controller can connect to the assistant software but in the naza helper it doesnt show a controller connected to the phantom

List your equipment if your still having issues. Someone that has your exact or similar equipment might be better suited to help you.

Hook the Phantom up to the computer, run the Assistant software, and make sure the Naza is in the right receiver mode (DBus vs PPM: should be DBus).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31