Compass noise and magnetic field error after crash.

Reaction score
My DJI Phantom Advanced took a tumble during landing. My propeller caught the pavement and flipped the drone over on its back. Propellers still going full speed I managed to pickup drone and turn off. Tops of propellers grey/black color is rubbed off a little. No physical damage to props or body of drone.

Now done will not fly, error compass needs calibration. When attempt to calibrate compass I receive error "To Strong Magnetic Interference Detected. Ensure that there are no magnets or metal objects nearby and hold the aircraft at least one meter off the ground when calibrating."

Attempted several attempts to hold drone away from me in an open field and slowly turn clockwise, no luck. It passes horizontal then goes to vertical test.... then gives failed message.

Also, something new... during calibration I hear a female voice say P-ADDI mode several times. She was quiet before.

I have tried to degauss the compass on the back right leg of drone using a magnet. Also calibrated IMU.
Both have had no effect.

I believe the compass is working because I am getting a reading on the MOD value of 1700-2200.

When I attempt to fly I get "Compass noise too high, Contact DJI customer support if problem persists after restart"

I am confused. Any help would be much appreciated. My little done will not fly. Internal sensor damaged? PCB Board? Not sure... Please see screen shots.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.PNG
    IMG_0001.PNG
    4.4 MB · Views: 617
  • IMG_0002.PNG
    IMG_0002.PNG
    665.2 KB · Views: 835
  • IMG_0004.PNG
    IMG_0004.PNG
    386.9 KB · Views: 727
  • IMG_0005.PNG
    IMG_0005.PNG
    279.2 KB · Views: 754
  • IMG_0006.PNG
    IMG_0006.PNG
    261.2 KB · Views: 725
I had the same thing with my P3A after a crash. Turned out to be the compass connector on the main board had a broken solder joint. Replaced the main board & this fixed the problem. Might want to check with Hani at UAV Repair Shop to see if he can repair the connector if this is the problem, as it will be a whole lot cheaper then replacing the main board.

Replace the main board.?!?! Ma sei pazzo, butta via il drone e fai prima! Not only the mot her board you need to change, but all your drone! Crazyest make only a change the motherboard, without change all other hardware...may be after few week another issues hardware you will take..
Trash YOUR drone.... your live change!

Replace the main board.?!?! Ma sei pazzo, butta via il drone e fai prima! Not only the mot her board you need to change, but all your drone! Crazyest make only a change the motherboard, without change all other hardware...may be after few week another issues hardware you will take..
Trash YOUR drone.... your live change!

sorry but no
many many folks have crashed their phantoms and repair them

I myself have repaired, separated gimbal motors , Replaced broken GPS, etc.

drone flies fine.

to crasha phantom is not an automatic throw it away!

good luck and have fun flying

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik