Compass mod value

Reaction score
I am a bit confused by the compass mod value
mine is low 400s but no compass error lights.
Does this mean it is working or not all x y values are
correct but the mod value is always
around 400.
Any thoughts ?

Thanks

That sounds weird,
DJI SAYS, if your compass MOD value ( normal range is
750-2250 ) if LOWER THAN 750 or GREATER THAN 2250, you need recalibration!
You might be getting magnetic interference? Car speaker, or magnetic screwdriver, be VERY aware of magnets around your phantom, as magnets will screw up your compass,

Try to find a big open space close to where you fly, to get a good clean compass recalibration!
No concrete, power lines, cell towers, a lot of big trees,like a cow field empty lot, ect.

Also
( take your time calibrating compass, it is not a race, slow, level, steady is always best, you have plenty of time.

Should go like this
With phantom ON, and ready to fly, flip S1 toggle ( right side toggle ) up and down 8-10 times, light go to SOLID YELLOW,
Pick phantom up a bit, but keep level with ground, spin 360% around ( like a record spins on a record player ) lights will turn GREEN, then flip phantom so FRONT ( or camera ) faces the ground, spin 360% around ( like record again ), now lights either go to
Blinking yellow ( less than 6 satellites )
Or
Blinking green ( 6 or more satellites )

Make sure you have home lock BEFORE TAKEOFF,
Either fly, or hook to pc, and recheck values of ( MOD ) MOD= MODULUS, another term for absolute value,
Like this ( gyroscope and compass, and accelerometer )uses 3 axis to calculate position ( z,y, and x ), MOD averages these values to come up with a absolute value! This is the MOD VALUE!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

Reactions: Ing Zimmerman
You sure you don't have your font set too large in your browser and it is clipping off the leading 1? so your mod value is in the 1400 range?

Okay thanks for the replies,
I have checked the font size it isn't that but I have just been to try it outdoors it flies great and the failsafe worked a treat but the mod value is still only 740. I have done the compass calibration with no errors.

Problem solved, as daft as this may sound I was sat on a metal bed whilst checking the value. Just tried checking in a different room and value is 1600 plus.

Thanks for the responses.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31