Compass Mod low

Reaction score
Can your compass mod be to low?? Mine is always around 700, but it will calibrate and fly's just fine. There are several things you can do to lower the mod, but what do you do if it is below the recommend setting?

Thanks

I wouldn't fly at 700, wouldn't even dare taking off. What is scary is that the Phantom permits you to fly it at this level.....

You need to degauss the compass. Take a magnet and wave it in circles up close to the compass, while you are in the assistant software. The numbers will go crazy until you stop. Once stopped you want to be near 1600. If not try again.

What is the acceptable window? Mine is around 1700 - 1800.

I thought when you used the magnet, that only lowered the mod value, not raise it?

OK, I guess I'm just stupid....I did the magnet....several times, always came up with the same mod value...so while searching the internet for more help, I came across a posting that said to make sure your fonts are set as small as they will go. Hummmmmm...went into control panel and changed the font setting, guess what...everything is, and was just fine, my display was only showing the last 4 numbers...the screen shot's show the way it was with large fonts, then change to small fonts. who knew. oh well, thanks for the help...sometimes I look for problems when i don't have any

Attachments

• Capture2.jpg
    Capture2.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 331
  • Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 335

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member