Compass location

Reaction score
I'm putting on a retractable land gear and had concerns with the relocation of the compass. Anyone know how far it needs to be away from metal? My landing gear is carbon fiber with metal connectors. Think of putting the compass on one of the legs. But if I do, and retract landing gear, it will change the location of the compass from where I calibrated it by just a few inches at most. Does anyone see an issue with this?

Insight Aerials said:
I'm putting on a retractable land gear and had concerns with the relocation of the compass. Anyone know how far it needs to be away from metal? My landing gear is carbon fiber with metal connectors. Think of putting the compass on one of the legs. But if I do, and retract landing gear, it will change the location of the compass from where I calibrated it by just a few inches at most. Does anyone see an issue with this?

leave enough slack in the compass cable and it wont move when you retract the skids. going up and down on the skids when retracting wont matter either.

problem solved.

drew

I did do that. I guess main concern is it being fair close to a metal connector on the leg. Didn't want the metal to cause any issues with the compass if it even would.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl