Compass failed - cannot control Phantom 4

Sorry ... I think I'm retarded a little :( or my english skills aren't good at all ...

Regarding the 50-100 mile I personally think it can be easily pushed towards 200-300 miles (400-500km) without any big/visible difference in the calibration. I've flown my good old P2V at 650km distance with no compas calibration and it was perfect.

You are probably right. I am basing this on the early days of the NAZA when flyaways were a little more common than these days.
Both my Phantom 1.5 and my XuGong v2 (Naza v2 FC) fly off a calibration that i did maybe 2 years ago and are both locked in. I have flown them both all over the UK with no issues inc 400 miles away in Scotland. I would have normally calibrated it again at the time but i flew it with no probs without even thinking about it and then just left it be.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: bernek
You are probably right. I am basing this on the early days of the NAZA when flyaways were a little more common than these days.
Both my Phantom 1.5 and my XuGong v2 (Naza v2 FC) fly off a calibration that i did maybe 2 years ago and are both locked in. I have flown them both all over the UK with no issues inc 400 miles away in Scotland. I would have normally calibrated it again at the time but i flew it with no probs without even thinking about it and then just left it be.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I honestly think in the later versions flyaways are mostly user error caused and a small checklist before flight is enough to save people from any troubles.

If you keep the compass and the IMU calibrated and you have a strong gps lock then a flyaway is almost impossible with the current software and hardware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic