Compass error?

Welcome to the Compass Error Club or CEC, my friend. I'm not even lucky to try my 3rd flight. 2nd flight landed with compass error. There are sooo many posts on this topic with no solutions. Re calibrating, IMU calibrating just doesn't work. DJI has to get on this one to recall the Phantoms.
or they can deny that it causes crashes (as it did with me) and offer you nothing while still under warranty. Gotta love that DJI customer (dis) service.

Reactions: whoreable
Yeah I have no issues orienting in ATTI mode. The problem becomes when I do long range flights and I lose video signal and let's say the compass error happens At the same time. Now I have no way to orientate and RTH is a no go. Bye bye drone…

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
BINGO! Exactly what happened to me to a T.

So I checked my repair status and it says repaired and tested. I used the live chat and asked them what was repaired/replaced? They told me the IMU chip… do they mean the ESC?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I flew my P3S for the second time on Saturday. Two flights from roughly the same location. First flight went without hitch, however the second flight I re-stored the 'home' position. Prior to take off it said compass error.
I calibrated accordingly, from memory I recollect the app telling me 'compass error atti mode'.
The flight went without incident and I successfully activated RTH.
Reviewing the flight it showed a compass error message.
Sorry for rambling text but does this seem like same issue? The issue appears only to have lasted a few seconds and the quad didn't seem to be effected.
Any views...

Sorry further to my last post. Just before the compass error I just noticed it showed 'weak gps signal' on flight log. Just as a bit more information.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl