Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. Alpinekiwi

So now I'm getting the message "Compass error - please restart aircraft or recalibrate compass" every single time I fly.

I used to get this message 3 times out of 10 flights. There was no rhyme or reason to my fixing it, usually a combination of restarting aircraft, controller and DJI GO app or recalibrating compass perhaps about 5 or 6 times before it worked.

Now however I am getting it every time.

I looked through the menu and found that before where both compasses just had interference and needed recalibrating, now I was seeing that Compass 1 was disconnected.

I discovered I could still fly as normal, but I'm getting the feeling I am basically skydiving knowing my main chute is not working and I am relying on my reserve chute.

Any fixes or am I doomed to send it back to DJI (I bought direct from DJI France back in March).

Cheers in advance.

2. craigsdal

I had the same problem. I deleted and reinstalled DJI GO app. Never had the problem again. I also recalibrated the IMU after reinstalling the DJI GO app. Good luck!

3. Alpinekiwi

No such luck for me!

Thanks for the suggestion though craigsdal...

4. TGA

TGA

Mine did the same exact thing. Seemed to start after the Firmware Update previous to the most recent(which also included the battery updates). Was a occasional occurrence, then got progressive more frequent, until is did exactly what yours did. Called DroneNerds in Miami, FL. They stated they think is was a Firmware issue that is causing the hardware malfunction. I also experienced more Week Image Signal errors, and the video image quality and range was much shorter than when I purchased it and flew before all the Firmware updates. But I had to send it to DJI for warranty repair. It is there now. But since i use it for business, i couldn't afford to to be without my phantom 4. So I purchased another one in a pinch from BestBuy with the 2 extra battery package deal. Heres the crazy thing. It is giving me the Firmware Update alert, which I haven't done yet. I have better range, better image signal and no compass issues at all. I am waiting for DJI to tell me what is going on with mine, before I go doing the Firmware Update it is asking for or any others for that matter.

5. The Art Of Drones

Did you crashed the drone?

6. Alpinekiwi

Zero crashes.

I am seeing 'Compass 1 disconnected' in the settings now. I am currently in emails with DJI asking for proof.

Way too many issues with this **** thing.

7. The Art Of Drones

Maybe the cable that connects the compass to the drone is damaged...