compass error

Reaction score
read a lot of the posts on this, i get compass error after i connect. camera is working. often it works itself out after a few minutes of waiting, but sometime not and i fly in atti; any other suggestions?

Have you tried recalibrating the compass in a open area away from interference?

If the compass was calibrated nearby in an appropriate open area, sometimes if you're taking off near a metal object you'll get compass error before takeoff. Just move the drone to another area and it usually goes away. Never take off with a compass error, make sure it's working before takeoff. If you get an error during flight, you should immediately RTH to reduce risk. Recalibrate.

Last edited:
Even buried pipes and rebar in concrete will interfere with it.

If the compass was calibrated nearby in an appropriate open area, sometimes if you're taking off near a metal object you'll get compass error before takeoff. Just move the drone to another area and it usually goes away. Never take off with a compass error, make sure it's working before takeoff. If you get an error during flight, you should immediately RTH to reduce risk. Recalibrate.
Auto-RTH does not work when a compass-error is present. He should manually fly it back, when he knows, how to fly it in ATTI-Mode.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj