Compass error upon movement of aircraft

Reaction score
I'm new to my Phantom and wanted to know if I should be getting a "compass error, entering atti mode" message every time I move my drone? I'm afraid to fly it after moving it at all. Thanks!

A friend of mine got one last week via Amazon- P3 Pro- while his other in repair- and had same issues.
He just packed it up and returned it. Definitely flakey. Not supposed to do that at all.

Ugh! I was worried it might be that! I can't shake it without going into error. Any tips on the best way to process a return?

I'm new to my Phantom and wanted to know if I should be getting a "compass error, entering atti mode" message every time I move my drone? I'm afraid to fly it after moving it at all. Thanks!
I get this when I'm inside and move it the craft to outside or a different room . I have over 3 hours of flying with no issues

HI has compass been calibrated if it has been done and this still happens I would go get another one

Totally depends on where you bought it. If with Amazon it's easy, login, go to "My Orders" & pull it up. There's links for returns. Fill out the info & they email you an RMA with instructions.
Anyone else, have to contact them & see what their procedures are.

Let me clarify my friends issue.
He puts it up, even 10-15' and as soon as he throttles in any direction he got red lights and Compass error. Then after stopping in hovering for a few seconds, it went green and "Safe to fly GPS"
This is not normal. I helped do a fresh compass calibration. He'd done IMU's several times in the week he had it. Still flakey.
Not worth screwing with. It's a lemon. He ordered a new one.

Let me clarify my friends issue.
He puts it up, even 10-15' and as soon as he throttles in any direction he got red lights and Compass error. Then after stopping in hovering for a few seconds, it went green and "Safe to fly GPS"
This is not normal. I helped do a fresh compass calibration. He'd done IMU's several times in the week he had it. Still flakey.
Not worth screwing with. It's a lemon. He ordered a new one.
OK thanks 4 explaining better,,,,hope better luck with next one:)

If you calibrated the compass within a distorted magnetic field close to a lot of steel (like on reinforced concrete) and moved the Phantom out of that magnetic field to where it's only affected by the earth's normal magnetic field, then you would see a compass error.
If your Phantom's compass was calibrated out in the open away from structural steel, cars reinforced concrete etc, and you get an error moving to other magnetically clear areas, there is a problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl