Compass error Help!

Reaction score
I have a new P2V to which I have just fitted tall landing skids , I switched it on afterwards and am getting 2 solid red lights and when connected to my phone I get an error message saying " compass error" maintenance required ( or something like that ) can anyone advise what I should do ?

As you added taller legs you will have had to refit the compass to the new leg. Check all compass connections inside and out and check that it is fitted snugly and square on the new leg. Then do a full IMU calibration and check that the values all fall within the normal stated range.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Oh by the way welcome to the forum. As you are new I would recommend using this link to find any pertinent info on whatever you are searching for.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Reactions: dirkclod
thanks for the reply. I have checked the external connections and will check internal tomorrow. the compass is fitted part way up the leg as far as the wire will allow and not at the bottom as it was on the standard leg. ( I was unaware of any importance of the siting of the compass before I removed it from the standard gear so did not take any measurements ) would this effect anything ?

checked all internal and external wiring today and all seems fine. when connected to my phantom 2 vision assistant 3.2 App I get a message saying
( Abnormal compass data. Please restart the Flihgt Controller or reconnect the compass due to the losse connection. if this error continues, please contact your dealer or DJI customer service.)
I am thinking the Compass module may be the fault ? I have tried the 2 waving a magnet around the module ' but still get the same error messages and 2 solid red tail lights

Reactions: majidwahab72
Does anybody have a video on how to control the compass connection ? Because I have the same problem of thetaxidermist . Thanks
Buy the I'M new at this.
Error.jpg

I have a new P2V to which I have just fitted tall landing skids , I switched it on afterwards and am getting 2 solid red lights and when connected to my phone I get an error message saying " compass error" maintenance required ( or something like that ) can anyone advise what I should do ?
How u solve the problem, mine happened last week.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers