Compass error / atti mode question

Reaction score
I am New to the site and leaning a lot.

Thanks to all that contribute. this is great source of information and learning at lot about my P3 Pro :)

here are my newb questions:

Lets assume I take off in P mode and during the flight I get a compass error message during the flight ...Should I manually switch to atti mode and regain control and land ? I believe it will it automatically switch to P atti mode while still in P mode but will P atti allow me to control manually, is not switching to atti the correct procedure?

also Is there a message that comes up if the GPS signal is lost? (probably unlikely I know ) but what would be the procedures ?

Many Thanks !!

Lets assume I take off in P mode and during the flight I get a compass error message during the flight ...Should I manually switch to atti mode and regain control and land
If you're not able to control your Phantom in P mode, then switch to A mode (ATTI). If you still have control, then switching to A mode is not necessary.

Is there a message that comes up if the GPS signal is lost?
No. Your Phantom will auto switch to P-ATTI mode -- and, then back to P-GPS mode when it reconnects to 6+ satellites. You'll see "Safe to Fly (GPS)" at the top, center of the DJI GO app when you're in P-GPS mode.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Check this video, you can see what happens, when Compass error kick in..(Compass error came on 05:00).
It switch automatic to P-ATTI and before landing, I Switch to A-mode.

Thanks for the video !! ..much appreciated .
so I see when the compass error happened and it changed to P-atti mode you had sufficient control to bring it back without manually switching to atti , then you switched to atti to land.
This is good to see first hand so that if this happens I can deal with the situation.
Did you ever find out why the compass error?

Thanks for the video !! ..much appreciated .
so I see when the compass error happened and it changed to P-atti mode you had sufficient control to bring it back without manually switching to atti , then you switched to atti to land.
This is good to see first hand so that if this happens I can deal with the situation.
Did you ever find out why the compass error?
I think, place I was perform compass calibration, there was something interference. Since then, I have not perform compass calibration before flight, if I have not tavel far (50 km) from previous flight location...

I think, place I was perform compass calibration, there was something interference. Since then, I have not perform compass calibration before flight, if I have not tavel far (50 km) from previous flight location...
For Information

I took mine 150 miles from where I normally fly, did not recalibrate the compass and flew about 20 flights with no issues.

I had the same thing happen to me...but it happened right after takeoff and resulted in the quad going backwards and crashing about 5' off the ground...no damage, but I still have no idea why this happened as I had 10 seats locked. It happened so fast I could do nothing.

I had the same thing happen to me...but it happened right after takeoff and resulted in the quad going backwards and crashing about 5' off the ground...no damage, but I still have no idea why this happened as I had 10 seats locked. It happened so fast I could do nothing.
There may be ferrous present in the soil on a piece of metal close to the surface which could result in a compass error and cause this issue. Mesh or rebar in concrete will also do this if it is close enough to the surface.

Could be, but I didn't calibrate the compass and always fly in the same spot...kinda weird, no good explanation, but it sounds like others have had this issue where it just switches out of p-gps and into atti mode, even with plenty of seats locked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers