Compass error and can't calibrate also no data received between RC and gimbal

Reaction score
After having a somewhat minor crash of my P4P I broke one of the landing gear legs so I needed to replace both. So I did the step by step process of taking apart the drone by first taking off the gimbal. I unscrewed the little metal plate and removed the ribbion cable. I next disconnected the antenna wires. After installing the new landing gear onto the bottom shell I got all wires plugged back in exactly how they were before unplugging them such as the compass cable end inside the leg and the end on the main inner part of the drone. I reconnected the antenna cables in the exact same color sequence in which I took them off. After reinstalling the gimbal I thought I should be good to go. When I fired it up I'm now getting a compass error and it's not even giving me the option to try and calibrate. I'll press calibrate and press ok and then nothing happens. Also sometimes, not every time, it says that the gimbal is not receiving data from the RC, but I can control the pitch of the camera using the RC which doesn't make any sense. I'm completely lost on what I should do. I'm probably going to have to send it in to DJI but lucky me my warranty will be gone. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can or should do to fix this before I have to send it in?? Thanks.

I'm now getting a compass error and it's not even giving me the option to try and calibrate. I'll press calibrate and press ok and then nothing happens.
Perhaps your compass is disconnected or has a broken wire?
Go into the app and see what it shows for the compass in Sensor Data.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31