Compass err

Reaction score
Hi guys when I loaded firmware version 3.0 all went well until compass err popped up,I've flown the phantom today calibrated first it didn't seem to hold its position as accurately in the hover as before there was a slight breeze so may have been that, in general flight it seemed ok,has anyone else had the compass err pop up and could it be just a software glitch
I apologise if this has been covered else where but I couldn't find it
thanks in advance Dave

Is this a compass error as seen from the Assistant software? What is your "Mod" value?

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Fink said:
Is this a compass error as seen from the Assistant software? What is your "Mod" value?

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

I had the same message - did an advanced calibration and the error went away but I noticed my mod value was hovering around 2300. I did the compass dance again and it is down to 1800. Should I try to reset the compass using a magnet?

landonkk said:
Fink said:

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

I had the same message - did an advanced calibration and the error went away but I noticed my mod value was hovering around 2300. I did the compass dance again and it is down to 1800. Should I try to reset the compass using a magnet?

Are you absolutely sure where you were doing the calibration was relative free of ferromagnetism? No keys or cell phone in your pocket? You didn't do it on concrete where they could be reinforcements and such?

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Hi fink I will have a look at the mod values tomorrow and let you know
thanks mate

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl