Compass direction

Reaction score
Good Afternoon Team.
I've tied to look this up but I seem to be spinning my wheels . I am seeking answers regarding compass location and how it effects the aircrafts performance . First question - Does it matter which leg it's mounted on and which direction should it be facing ? Secondly - Machine appears to want to RTH past 153 meters? Battery was at 53% and unit was on GPS mode. RTH point was about 100ft behind me...little bugger RTH at Mach speed and almost landed on a rock...flying hand save
Thanks in advance. Dave.

No idea on the compass - never heard of anyone moving it around.
The distance at which you lose signal varies with a lot of factors.
If you get the geometry between your Tx antenna and the Phantom right it should make 800 metres in good conditions.
Many users have gone further.
A few tips ..
Straight up above you is trickiest for signal reception and distance
Point the flat edge of the antenna at the the Phantom - not the pointy end.

Hi. I did a TPI 5bi Antenna modification back months ago and should get almost 2Km on a unobstructed straight shot. The RTH problem just occurred yesterday . The Gimbal IMU was replaced by DJI after a 7 week tour ( one whole week it just sat in the mail room waiting to be checked in) I mounted last night and ran updates. I calibrated my sticks just before the flight.
The compass issue is because I have different kind of setup and run with only one leg.

Cheers and thanks
Dave

Moving the compass is a bad idea. It needs to be aligned in all three axes otherwise you will have unpredictable flight behavior that could end up in a fly away.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik