compass calibration

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Had my P3P for little over a week, updated firmware that went smoothly, had a few close calls with trees, other than that had it to 400 foot vertical and about 500 feet horizontal worked great. The only thing that happened was upon takeoff once it lifted vertically with controller than took off to the left about 75 feet than I regained control and all went smooth. Could this be a compass issue not properly orientation, I have read that you do not have to orientate before each flight, I was always under the impression that you should because it sets your GPS Return to Home point. Is this right and should I orientate my compass before I lift off in each different location thanks in advance

I have read that you do not have to orientate before each flight, I was always under the impression that you should because it sets your GPS Return to Home point. Is this right and should I orientate my compass before I lift off
First up ... what you are asking about is compass calibration.
2nd ... Calibrating the compass has nothing to do with GPS or recording your home location.
Compass is about direction and GPS is about location - they are different and unrelated systems.

Read this thread to learn what compass calibration does and when it's necessary: Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer

ps ... keeping well away from trees, buildings etc is the most effective thing you can do to prevent crashes.

First up ... what you are asking about is compass calibration.
2nd ... Calibrating the compass has nothing to do with GPS or recording your home location.
Compass is about direction and GPS is about location - they are different and unrelated systems.

Read this thread to learn what compass calibration does and when it's necessary: Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer

ps ... keeping well away from trees, buildings etc is the most effective thing you can do to prevent crashes.
Thanks that was an informative so when is the RTH feature recorded each time I lift off???

Did you have your antennae correctly orientated,if you take off vertically too high you may lose control if the antennae are also pointing vertically.
I usually take off and fly forward at the same time, hover, and check everything before proceeding.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.
Did you have your antennae correctly orientated,if you take off vertically too high you may lose control if the antennae are also pointing vertically.
I usually take off and fly forward at the same time, hover, and check everything before proceeding.
yes always have my antennae up in the proper location. I did notice a huge transformer 30 feet away on a pole from my takeoff point

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

yes always have my antennae up in the proper location. I did notice a huge transformer 30 feet away on a pole from my takeoff point
I avoid flying anywhere near heavy duty elecrical kit, and also mobile transmitters, certainly would not fly near a large transformer 30 ft away. I think you have found your answer.

Yup thought that might be the problem electro magnetic interference was leary to fly again thanks for your opinion it will help me get back at it again

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl