Compass Calibration

Reaction score
One thing I can't find is the direction of travel when calibrating the compass. I just calibrated the compass on my Phantom 3 Professional and turned the aircraft in a counter clockwise direction.

Is this alright or must it be in a clockwise rotation?

I wouldn't want to be responsible for changing the earths rotational direction and ended us all back into the stone age.

Any comments would be most appreciated, thank you.

Bud
ps
It seemed to fly ok just now but I thought I'd ask anyway.

No difference either way.

You're good to go!

Thanks very much, I appreciate your kind reply.

Bud

Sure thing, just be sure you start pointing dead-nuts North.

Just kidding, it makes NO difference where you start or which way you rotate. :p

Also, when I took her out for her first flight just now it first said "Disconnected", then I got and IMU Error, but I muddled my way through the "fix". I find there's still a lot of DJI Pilot Apps up there and they're somewhat different than the DJI GO App. One has to be careful when new at this.

Anyway, I do appreciate your kind reply, thank you.

Bud

Thanks very much, I appreciate your kind reply.

Bud

......... thanks a lot, and another year scared clean off my life.:eek:

Bud

Sure thing, just be sure you start pointing dead-nuts North.

Just kidding, it makes NO difference where you start or which way you rotate. :p

One thing I can't find is the direction of travel when calibrating the compass. I just calibrated the compass on my Phantom 3 Professional and turned the aircraft in a counter clockwise direction.

Is this alright or must it be in a clockwise rotation?

I wouldn't want to be responsible for changing the earths rotational direction and ended us all back into the stone age.

Any comments would be most appreciated, thank you.

Bud
ps
It seemed to fly ok just now but I thought I'd ask anyway.
Even if you try, you can't change the Earth rotational direction :)

And aniclockwise or clockwise AC rotation has nothing to do with Earths rotation. You stand on a flat surface and rotate aircraft for calibration never in the direction of earth's rotation.

Also, when I took her out for her first flight just now it first said "Disconnected", then I got and IMU Error, but I muddled my way through the "fix". I find there's still a lot of DJI Pilot Apps up there and they're somewhat different than the DJI GO App. One has to be careful when new at this.

Anyway, I do appreciate your kind reply, thank you.

Bud

Now that would more then likely be due to an improper compass calibration.

Did you get a solid green light at the 360 degree rotation on the horizontal and vertical?

.me for OK work to seemed it and clockwise it did I

?right, back the on are lights red The

o_O:confused:

Sorry, but what solid green light? Where is it located?

Thanks

Bud

Now that would more then likely be due to an improper compass calibration.

Did you get a solid green light at the 360 degree rotation on the horizontal and vertical?

I guess I should have used a smiley face or something. I wa just joking about the earth's rotational direction.

Bud

Even if you try, you can't change the Earth rotational direction :)

And aniclockwise or clockwise AC rotation has nothing to do with Earths rotation. You stand on a flat surface and rotate aircraft for calibration never in the direction of earth's rotation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers