Compass Calibration

Reaction score
I have had to Calibrate my compass two time today from the same spot. I am in a power chair and was wondering if that might have something to do with it?

I have had to Calibrate my compass two time today from the same spot. I am in a power chair and was wondering if that might have something to do with it?
It's highly likely to be involved.
Compass calibration should be done somewhere clear of the magnetic effects of cars, steel, reinforced concrete etc so the steel frame of the chair and permanent magnets in motors are going to give you a false reading.
You should be able to get a good compass calibration and just stick with it - no need to be doing it repeatedly and risking getting a bad one.
It might pay to get a little help to get it sorted out and then just enjoy flying after that.

I received my new "leg" two weeks ago so I do have some mobility but cant stand for long periods of time. So I can walk about 50 to 60 feet away. Is that enough? The other issue is my leg is made out of steel, will that matter?

I received my new "leg" two weeks ago so I do have some mobility but cant stand for long periods of time. So I can walk about 50 to 60 feet away. Is that enough? The other issue is my leg is made out of steel, will that matter?
30 feet should be fine.
Re the steel leg ... if it's regular steel it will have a magnetic field associated with it
But if it's stainless or a special allow it might not. See if a magnet is attracted to it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik