Compass calibration

Reaction score
Do you really need to do this before every single flight? I read somewhere that only if you're in a different area... I mean how is different area defined.. Down the road or half a mile away same town ?

Also when the Phantom rapidly blinks green, this obviously means ready to fly but does it create a home point at the same time? Or is that when it takes off is there another indication for this?

Cheers.

I get two sets of rapid green flashes. I believe the second one indicates it has recorded the home point.

Turbazz said:
Brilliant thanks.. in regards to the home point...?

See above.

The 'real' manual, downloaded from DJI is a must have, if you currently don't have it. It answers these questions.

Home point is where the Phantom is, not the controller. Once you have green lights, home point is established. More satellites may be received when reaching higher altitude. Home point is always maintained.

As for doing 'it' when you go to a different location, that is for compass calibration - which is something YOU must do. Home point is established each time you take off with green LEDs. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers