Compass calibration

Reaction score
I have searched the forum and can only find many different ways to calibrate the compass! DJIs PDFs on compass calibration do not state if you rotate clockwise or counterclockwise and every YouTube video is different in almost every way. Does anyone know the correct way to calibrate the compass for a P2V+....?

Mtddci2008 said:
I have searched the forum and can only find many different ways to calibrate the compass! DJIs PDFs on compass calibration do not state if you rotate clockwise or counterclockwise and every YouTube video is different in almost every way. Does anyone know the correct way to calibrate the compass for a P2V+....?

I go clockwise and that works

I usually turn clockwise, but it probably doesn't matter which way you turn.

I also turn about 1.25 turns (360 + 90 = 450 degrees) for each step in the calibration process. So far, the compass hasn't failed to lock for me when I do this.

photographix said:
I usually turn clockwise, but it probably doesn't matter which way you turn.

I also turn about 1.25 turns (360 + 90 = 450 degrees) for each step in the calibration process. So far, the compass hasn't failed to lock for me when I do this.

Yes. It seems intuative that 360 is enough. But I agree to go a bit more... never any problem.

Full disclosure: I have only needed to compensate twice in 6 mos. of P2 piloting.

I've done it in both directions with no issue, I'm pretty sure that as long as the compass goes through a full 360deg of readings on each axis that's all it needs.

With my P3S I can rotate either way to calibrate the compass. With my P4 it will only calibrate with clockwise rotation and rejects counter-clockwise rotation every time. Now I just spin clockwise for everything. That cuts down considerably on the dizziness factor.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl