Compass Calibration

Reaction score
Does it matter if you go 360 clockwise or counterclockwise when doing calibration. Quick start guide shows one direction and manual shows another!

tedw123 said:
Does it matter if you go 360 clockwise or counterclockwise when doing calibration. Quick start guide shows one direction and manual shows another!

Doesn't matter a bit... :D

-slinger

I tried to calibrate the compass today and it show the following flashing sequence

red-red-red-green red-red-red-green

I have updated the firmware and all possible updates to the latest...

I did try taking off, but the phantom does not hover in position like it used to, so landed it and shut it down

does anyone know the reason or cause.. and remedy

duneview said:
I tried to calibrate the compass today and it show the following flashing sequence

red-red-red-green red-red-red-green

I have updated the firmware and all possible updates to the latest...

I did try taking off, but the phantom does not hover in position like it used to, so landed it and shut it down

does anyone know the reason or cause.. and remedy

That's actually green-red-red-red. You don't have enough satellites available. I think that particular code denotes only three satellites available, though I could be wrong. Take a look at your screen towards the right hand side at the top. It'll tell you how many satellites are available. It needs a minimum of six.

As it acquires the next satellite, it will go green-green-red-red. And another added satellite would go green-green-green-red. When you have connection with six, it should set a home point and alert you to this by blinking green rapidly. Once that's done, you should get a consistent slow green blink... And... you're cleared for takeoff captain... :cool: :) :D

-slinger

The Phantom seems to do the quick green flash when it gains any satellites and again after it locks on to 6 satellites so you can't always go by that as an indication for takeoff. A green red green red flash indicated you have 6 satellites locked which is good for a safe takeoff and GPS home lock. Green Green Green and so on means you have 7 or more Sats locked.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl