Compass calibration

Reaction score
Hi everyone.....has the compass calibration been taken off since last update. My last flight I didn't have the option to calibrate,was this made automatic at last update. Cheers

Hi everyone.....has the compass calibration been taken off since last update. My last flight I didn't have the option to calibrate,was this made automatic at last update. Cheers
It's still there but they changed things in the app because people thought the Calibrate button was something telling them they needed to calibrate.
btw .. you hardly ((if ever) need to calibrate your compass.
Check an up-to-date version of the manual to see what DJI recommend.

From my reading here and elsewhere, frequent compass calibrations are a contributing cause of flight errors, including the dreaded fly-away! I last calibrated my P4 about a year ago; still flies amazing.

Reactions: FlashBuddy
You maybe correct. I don't see the compass calibration anywhere including in all the advance settings.

Are you checking while the phantom is switched off? Turn your phantom on as more settings appear

I have looked with the phantom off/on under sensors, transmitter, battery, gimbal etc. It is not there. There was a time that the calibrate button was near the compass. Now the compass always says normal. I have rebooted both the bird and the transmitter. I have calibrated the IMU and gimbal. I did recently put the HDMI module on my transmitter, but find that hard to believe it affected the compass calibration. BTW, just went through all the steps above about 3 mins ago..

Check under sensor state as it should be there
1498996141590.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers