Compass calibration?

Reaction score
Hello Guys,
I have a P3 Standard, and am trying to calibrate the compass for the first time. I keep getting two solid green lights, and two solid red lights. I'm doing this outside in my back yard. There are lots of trees, if that matters.
What am I doing wrong?
Thank you,
Terry

Hello Guys,
I have a P3 Standard, and am trying to calibrate the compass for the first time. I keep getting two solid green lights, and two solid red lights. I'm doing this outside in my back yard. There are lots of trees, if that matters.
What am I doing wrong?
Thank you,
Terry

Trees don't matter. Do it away from anything metal. Don't have any keys or cell phone close by. Try a different area that you know there are no underground pipes or concrete. Stay away from power lines.

Trees don't matter. Do it away from anything metal. Don't have any keys or cell phone close by. Try a different area that you know there are no underground pipes or concrete. Stay away from power lines.

Thank you, Rod. I will try that later today.
Terry

Any idea what 2 solid green and 2 solid red indicates?
Terry

Any idea what 2 solid green and 2 solid red indicates?
Terry
hi found this not sure on why you got 2x red and green this not have on picture
1497633625662-1468379076.jpg

Hello Guys,
What am I doing wrong?
Thank you,
Terry

Thank you, Rod. I will try that later today.
Terry

hi found this not sure on why you got 2x red and green this not have on picture
View attachment 84032

Wow, that sure is helpful. Thank you.
Terry

So Terry, is this correct? You currently have a P1, P2V2, P3P, P4, P4P, a P3S plus your son also has a P3S?

If so, how do you not have access to all of the manuals with the tables for LED light patterns, etc?
Also, how have you done your compass calibrations in the past with all of your Phantoms? It sounds like you are just now learning that trees don't matter but metal does matter.
Have you had any issues with compass calibrations before today?

Camera Setup

New Phantom 2 V2 No longer for sale.

dji Go help

Setting up Phantom 4

2.7 at 60 fps vs 4k at 30 fps

IMU calibration

Reactions: JoBe
Wow, that sure is helpful. Thank you.
Terry
I been looking at others to but no further light discriptions what you have,normal operation solid red front lights with green flashing at rear showing gps or yellow flash non gps ,not know why solid green, have you got online manual all i can think of is mayby doing slow turns when trying to calibrate ,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj