Compass calibration: what, why, who, where, when, whatever..

Reaction score
It's raining here again. And blowing a gale. Again. Somebody asked me about the compass and calibration and where to do it and all that stuff, so I have made another video aimed at newcomers about compass calibration. I even touch on the controversial topic of when you ought to do it. But I stay firmly on the fence. ;) Let the flaming begin!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCe0GR8MTX0[/youtube]

Oh yeah, sorry about the lack of trademark drink - it was filmed at 10am and whilst it is technically true to say it must have been drink o'clock somewhere in the world I'll stick to same-time-zone boozing habits...

Re: Compass calibration: what, why, who, where, when, whatev

Oh absolutely! How could I compete with his tan and white shades? It's why I didn't do much at all on the "how to do it" (deliberately, people need to read the **** manual) but on answering the where and why and when questions - but we don't want to start the "every time" versus "only when I change something" debate again... ;)

Also I don't know how long DJI NA and/or Colin Guinn will allow third parties to use their copyrighted material if they are looking to protect the company's assets, etc.

Thank you Pull_up. You have taken on the role of my instructor pilot and you are excellent! I hope you get some decent weather soon so you can fly yourself, rather than have to instruct...

I might add one other time I've been doing the dance (maybe it's obvious) is when the app says the P2V needs a compass calibration.

Thank you again! I really appreciate those who are willing to share their experience!

That is true, definitely do it if it tells you it needs it!! Mine's never told me that, though. I feel a little left out.

Thanks for your kind words, but I'm no guru - in fact I know a lot less than some of the old hands that have been with the Phantom since the early V1. I was just a total newcomer to the DJI products 3 months ago so I clearly remember all the questions I had that I worried were a bit too basic to want to ask on the big scary forums... I'm only a couple of steps ahead. :)

Nice having this information in a place for quick access.
thank you

BTW: what are the additions you have added on your vision? I notice extra cabling and a different type camera lens?

thanks again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20